Chapter 9

Lightning ran across the savannah. As fast as he could. Until he was out of breath and he stopped. But he had stopped in front of a temple he had never seen before. A temple built into the high sloped banks of a river. He went inside to look. It was dark but he found a stick left on the ground. He shot a bolt of lightning from his mouth and set it on fire. Holding the end of it, he kept walking. Soon he came to drop off. He dropped the touch down and watched it fall for a few heartbeats. When it finally hit the bottom the fire was only a small light in the black. Then Lightning felt the walls and ground shake. He was filled with terror as rocks began to fall. The prince sprinted to the temple's exit. But he felt a dizzy feeling and collapsed before freedom.

Lightning dreamed. He dreamed of lions attacking and killing his family. Invading the palace. Then of Shadow Beasts taking over and destroying everything. And then he heard a voice.

"Young prince, I am Sunstrike, the first king of the cheetahs. My fellow big cats found this world because the old world was destroyed. By a creature that walked upon two legs. Now Shadow Beasts want to take our home. You must find the traitor and his master, and save the kingdoms. Wake up young prince, wake up and run. Find the prince of tigers, the prince and princess of lions, and the exiled prince of leopards. You will be the only ones to save your kingdoms and our legacy."

Lightning's eyes opened quickly. He stood up and ran out into the daylight. He was going to the lion territory. He hoped that Queen Duststorm's nephew and niece would be friendly to him.

He entered the lion's. Traveling towards the palace. But something was strange. Not many lions were there. Then he spotted a group of young lions. They were the royal cubs.

"I mean no harm! I am here to ask something of the future queen and her brother. Also, why are most lions not here?" Lightning bowed.

The adolescent princes and princess growled at him.

"Wait, who are you?" the princess asked.

"I am Prince Lightning. One of the ancients told me to find the oldest heirs to the throne. And save our kingdoms." the prince said.

"The lions are going to attack your city. They have left now. We must hurry to stop them." The princess said.

"Princess Star, Prince Kodak, will you join me?" Lightning asked.

"No! Cheetahs are the enemy!" Star's older cousin growled.

"I am queen from now, we will go with him, you don't have to come Leon." Star growled back.

"Yes my queen," Leon lowered himself into submission and backed away.

Kodak, Star, and Lightning hurried back to the cheetah kingdom. They didn't stop until they got there. And saw that the battle had begun.

Tigers and lions against cheetahs. It wasn't fair. But now they couldn't stop it.