Chapter 6

A few days later. King Redtail went to the gathering. The neutral territory for the four kingdoms. He was first to talk.

"Our villages are being attacked. And we need help to fight, if there is a war." said King Redtail.

"Shadow Beasts have appeared in our jungle. They caused an earthquake. But my loyalist tiger, Arkclaw got rid of them. Sadly not forever." Queen Rainfall said.

"Then you will help us?" Redtail asked.

"Tigers and cheetahs working together? You cheetahs are alone in this. I must protect my own kingdom, not get involved with yours. You should know that King Redtail." Rainfall growled.

"Then will any others?" The cheetah king looked around the room.

"Lions and Cheetahs are not friends." The lion king growled.

"We will help you, as much as we can." Queen Cleo said.

"Queen Cleo, you should be thinking about your own kingdom, your heir was killed by your nephew. You can't go into this battle!" Queen Rainfall said.

Cleo growled, "I'm no coward!"

"Watch it, leopard!" The king of lions said. "We are only defending our kingdoms. If this creature comes to us, we need to protect our territory!"

The four rulers started growling and arguing at each other. Then Redtail raised his voice and yelled for them to stop.

"We should end this meeting, NOW." he hissed.

"Good! I'm not talking with a coward," King Apollo of the lions growled.

"You cheetahs are too weak to defend yourselves, you want us to help you?" Queen Rainfall sniggered. "I have my own kingdom to look after. And if any leopards or lions cross my border, they will be killed."

"Actually, there was a black leopard that my soldiers failed to kill. And we found his scent crossing into your lands. Do you not know this leopard is dangerous? That he will kill anyone?" Queen Cleo said.

"Yes, indeed the black leoaprd Wildheart is safely in my boarders, but contained in his own room. We have a small gap in the door to look threw, if he is savage we leave him and bare up the door. If he is normal we let him go as he pleases." Queen Rainfall explained to the shocked big cats.

"And what if he goes savage suddenly and kills someone?! Like you or your cubs?!" Cleo snapped furiously.

"We will handle that!" Queen Rainfall shot back. "Don't challenge me."

Redtail sighed, "Alright let's just go." he beckoned his guards over and left the room.

The rulers left quietly with their own guards. Tension was in the air as they went back to their own kingdoms.