Chapter 15

Ashton walked into the meeting room. The other queens and kings were shocked. Redtail glared at him. Bristling with hostility.

"Where is Queen Rainfall!" Queen Star demanded. She was here with her aunt, Duststorm.

"The queen is dead, I am king of the tigers now." the black tiger said.

"You can't be king, you're a male! And the only patriarchal big cats are cheetahs. You are breaking the code of the Ancients." Queen Cleo's mate said.

"My mate is right, why are you here in Rainfall's place," Queen Cleo asked.

"You better not challenge my rule, or there will be a war on your kingdoms." Ashton warned.

"Why would the tigers follow a stupid and evil leader?" King Redtail asked.

"Because they have to," Ashton roared and lava spewed out onto the floor.

Then His Shadow beasts came in and knocked the leopard King of his throne. They then devoured him.

"No! My king! My mate! How dare you!?" Queen Cleo leaped at Ashton.

She slashed him in the face with her claws. Then bit into his shoulder. Ashton reared and threw her off into the lava.

"Now, you can all go, but I think my Shadow Beasts and I are going to take over out new territory now," King Ashton turned around and padded away. His beasts followed loyalty behind.

~.~

Wildheart heard a rumble. Something was coming. And his aunt and uncle were not back yet. He went to investigate the noise. Then to his horror he spotted just across the river. A hundred Shadow Beasts coming towards his kingdom. Wildheart ran back to the temple. As fast as he could. He had to warn his mother and siblings.

But when he got there. The temple was half destroyed. And his brother, Rock, was lying on the ground. Claw marks and blood covered him.

"Wildheart! This black tiger is taking over our jungle! He's fighting mother right now." Said Fern. Wildheart nuzzled her and went to find his mother.

Wildheart's mother was in a furious battle with the black tiger. But he was winning. Wildheart pulled the tiger off and pinned him down.

"Wildheart, run! Save yourself!" his mother roared.

"No! He can't take over our jungle!" Wildheart said without taking his eyes of the tiger under his claws.

Wildheart struggled to hold him down, he was pushed off by the tiger. And now had to run out to safety.

Wildheart left his jungle and decided to somehow find Sparkpaw. If he was alive. He searched through the jungle until he found him.

"Sparkpaw!" Wildheart ran over and hugged him.

Sparkpaw purred with surprise, " My name is Witherstripe now." he said. He told his friend everything that happened.

They made a plan to go to the other kingdoms and get them to help. They would come and take back the leopard's jungle. Then the tiger's jungle. River would come with them and stay safely in the cheetah palace.

The two big cats got ready to go. Witherstripe picked his sister up and they went to the savannah.