Chapter 10

Sparkpaw didn't want to fight. But he had to. His mother wanted him to. Sparkpaw's father had been in many battles. He was a true warrior and king. Sparkpaw would continue his legacy. He tackled and clawed cheetahs. But never could kill one. They were fast.

Suddenly he felt something hit his side. A bolt of lightning, leaving a streak of blood on his fur. He turned to his attacker. It was one of Redtail's sons. He reared up and slammed his paws down. Then rubble fell towards the cheetah prince Sparkpaw quickly shoved the prince out of the way. They were both safe.

"Thanks," Lightning said. He was still in shock as he sprinted away.

Sparkpaw found his mother among the battling cats. He went up to her.

"Mother, this battle is pointless. We should call it off." he growled.

Rainfall stopped fighting and looked down at him. "Your father would never stop when a battle began, but if you wish," she sighed and roared. Calling her tigers to her.

The fighting stopped with the lions and cheetahs as a black leopard jumped down from a wall and started fighting lions and cheetahs here and there.

"Wildheart!" Sparkpaw called him. But when his old friend looked at him, he saw that his eyes were red and knew that he was savage.

~.~

Wildheart couldn't control it. He was fighting cats randomly. Killing one or two. But he couldn't control himself. Then when he heard someone call his name. He turned around and bared his fangs. Wildheart walked slowly, then ran. The tiger stood still, looking at him with fear. Then he felt vines grab hold of him. Tightening around his belly and neck. A larger tigress was trying to hold him. Then a lion breathed out a blast of fire. Wildheart roared in pain and collapsed. The battle stopped and all eyes were looking at him. As he took a sharp breath, his last breath.

A few minutes later, Wildheart woke up. His eyes were back to a normal green colour. And he was himself.

Sparkpaw butted him with his head and purred a greeting. The beast was gone from Wildheart forever.