Chapter 2

I stopped for a moment and glanced down at the recipes in my hand. Reading Willy Wonkas handwriting was near impossible. Most children has a better handwriting. Most of the words were spelled incorrectly. But the recipes were mostly hand drawn pictures. On one of the notes there were a drawn giraffe, together with a word I could not read paired with another word I couldn't read.

I headed for the door. Pushed it open and walked into the church. I've never felt welcomed here. But Slugworth is here, which means my money is here.

The church looks beautiful from the inside, in all it's glory. A few monks was standing in a line, a almost inhumanly straight line. I tried not to notice their empty, lifeless stares as I hurried along. It was the quickest route to the confession booth, which also worked as a elevator. I sat down in it and someone must have pulled a lever because I was immediately sent down.

I walked past the lady guarding the door. She glared at me as she wrinkled her nose at me. I flashed my brightest smile towards her while waving.

Her wallet dissappeared some time ago. She thinks I did it. Outrageous! She's right of course. But I'm still offended by the lack of trust.

Then I finally saw Slugworth. He sat across a green couch, sipping on some liqour.

"Y/n! Welcome! If it isn't my favorite thief." Slugworth sang out, before enjoying another sip of his liqour. "Tell me, how have you been?" He asked, as if we were old friends just catching up.

I shrugged and he quickly lost what ever little interest he had in my wellbeing.

"I trust that you haven't shown yourself empty handed." He said, waiting for me to show my catch.

"That would be rude, would it not?" I answered, and held up the recipes. A grin appeared on his face.

"Marvelous! Give them to me."

"Money first." I insisted, holding onto the recipes.

"Always so much distrust with you." He snapped his finger and a butler immediately appeared with a bag. I raised an eyebrow, trying not to show how excited I was.

"Open it." I ordered. The butler looked at Slugworth, looking for permission. Slugworth nodded, and the butler opened the bag with a snap.

Truly breathtaking. It's so beautiful. The green money. I can buy some fruit, maybe rent a room for the night, maybe even invest in some new boots...

I threw the recipes down at the table, and snatched the bag, holding it close to me.

"Work is done. Bye." I said shortly, before turning around to leave.

"Miss Y/n..." Slugworths words stopped me dead in my tracks. "Would you like to earn some more money?"

I turned around and gave Slugworth a smile.

"Tell me more." I said intrigued.