Chapter 9

I need to be quick in order to steal the portable chocolate factory. I looked it over, to try and understand how it works. I must be able to make it return into a briefcase. That would make it much easier to conceal when I escape through the window.

I'd have to abandon my clothes and  belongings for that plan to work, but sometimes sacrifices has to be made.

I randomly tried pressing some buttons and pulling on some levers to try and make it revert back to a common briefcase. I pressed one button and the briefcase attacked me. Instead of reverting back into a briefcase, it blew up some pink flour right in my face.

While coughing, I tried to wipe away all of the stupid flour from my face. Stressed out. I tried everything to make the chocolate factory retort back into a ordinary briefcase... Until a hidden compartment opened up. I froze in my movements.

In the tiny, somewhat secret, compartment was a picture. It looked old, judging by the edges. It displayed a beautiful brown haired woman, who was smiling widely into the camera. I've never seen her before, but yet she looked so familiar. That smile...

It struck on me like lightning. This woman must be Willys mother. He mentioned her before, when we were still handcuffed together. I thought back to that moment, the way he had spoken so fondly of her.

Willy told me that she was the reason he became a chocolate maker. It wasn't only his dream he was working to pursue, it was their dream.

Stealing the portable chocolate factory would really damage that dream.

I bite my tongue. Damn it. Suddenly it didn't feel so obvious to steal the briefcase anymore. Am I going soft?

I remember thinking just a few days ago that I would be able to use his fondness of his mother against him. But now, I'm backing away from the desk because of that exact same reason.

A short moment later, footsteps could be heard outside of the door. Willy Wonka quickly opened the door, carrying my clothes with my belongings.

I have a few measly coins, a rock that I always carry for luck and sometimes protection but also a watch. The watch is grey, old and the glass is cracked in more place than one. The thing doesn't even work anymore. But it's still mine. It used to mean a lot to me. Sometimes it still do.

I gathered my things and looked at my clothes. Willy had managed to wash all the blood away, they almost looked brand new. No. Scratch that, these clothes has never been this clean. Not even as new.

I look up at Willy, forcing the next words that would exit my mouth: "Uhm, I- Thank you, I suppose."

"Of course. I also have a plan now!" He said triumphantly. I turned away from him, knowing that whatever plan he had wouldn't work against someone as powerful as Slugworth.

Even if the police arrested Slugworth, it would be for nothing. He could bribe the police. Or the lawyers. The judge.

I turned away from Willy, but before I could react, Willy took my hand and spun me back to him, making my words get stuck in my throat. He gave me a grin.

Still holding my hand, he told me: "You are an excellent thief. Although a bit clumsy-"

"Hey!" I exclaimed to my defence. Willy continued talking.

"- you have a talent for stealing. My good friend Mr. Crunch used to work for Slugworth as his accountant." Willy told me and let go of my hand. He leaned against the wall.

"I don't understand what that has to do with me." I said as I started to untie the dress I was wearing. Willys eyes went wide open, before quickly turning around, facing the wall.

"I-Uhm- Slugworth has a secret accounts book where he keep tracks of all the illegal, uhm stuff. We thought that you could perhaps- I'm sorry, are you finished?" He asked over his shoulder with his eyes still closed.

I threw the dress on the bed and put on my shirt. I glanced at Willy and couldn't help but laugh at the way he was turned right into the wall. Did he become shy suddenly?

"Almost. I'm surprised you haven't sneaned a peek." I said as I pulled up my pants.

"Of course not." Willy quickly said, scratching his neck. "Don't misunderstand me, Y/n, you are a very beautiful woman but- I want to respect your privacy." He really stumbled over his words, trying to explain himself. I threw a glance at him and smiled.

"It's okay, pretty boy. I'm done now." I told him as I sank down on the bed again, feeling much more comfortable in my own clothes. Willy turned around slowly, opening one eye before the other.

He gave me a awkward smile, before he cleared his throat and continued telling me his plan.

I sat in silence and listened, nodding once in a while. It's interesting to hear him talk, because whenever he says something he always accompanies it by gesturing with his hands. In one way you could say that he was talking just as much with his hands as he was with his mouth.

"So..." I said, when Willy stopped talking. "You want me to steal some book from Slugworth so we have proof of all his illegal activities?"

Willy nodded. "Exactly that, yes."

"And what do I get out of it?" I asked, crossing my arms. Willy blinked.

"It would put him in jail for a long time."

"I don't really care about that." I admitted, pacing the room. That was somewhat of a lie. It would be satisfying to put Slugworth behind bars for everything he's done. But if I can get more out of this deal, I will.

Willy cocked his head to the side.

"I will also pay you in chocolate." He suggested. I smiled and held up my hand towards him. He looked at me for a short moment, before pushing himself off the wall and taking my hand in his.

"Deal." I said as I shook his hand, while trying to ignore how that simple touch made me feel.