Chapter 5

"May I borrow your hand?" He asked, as he took off his hat and... Started digging through it, almost like it was a backpack.

He first pulled out a yellow teapot, before putting it back in the hat. Then he pulled out a blanket. After that he pulled out a pair of boots.

I raised an eyebrow and he smiled at me awkwardly.

"I'm sorry... I'm looking for..." and then he pulled out a tool of some kind. "This!" He exclaimed, before throwing the hat back on top of his head.

How? Does the hat have unlimited space? Why is this man selling chocolate when he can do stuff this?

"Your hand, please." He asked again, while holding up his hand towards mine. I hope this won't hurt. I put my captured hand in his, and was thrown off by how warm his hand was. My cold hand didn't mind stealing some of his warmth.

Willy immediately went to work on the handcuffs, trying to pick the lock. He was biting his tongue while trying to concentrate on the lock.

"So, who are you working for?" He asked, not lifting his gaze from the handcuffs.

I stayed silent, and he glanced up at me. "I'm still in handcuffs." I reminded him. "Besides, if you had that thing, why didn't you think of lockpicking it before?"

He smiled sheepishly at me. "I'm sorry. I honestly didn't think of it until now." He said sincerely.

Why am I not surprised?

"Didn't you have a curfew to get back to?" I asked, which made him to freeze, before he continued working on the lock.

"That I have. Don't you worry Nameless Thief, I will get you out of these and make it to my curfew."

"Nameless thief?" I repeated after him, raising an eyebrow. He gave me a shrug.

"I still don't know you name, after all."

I took a deep breath. "Y/n." I barely whispered my name. Willy tilted his head to the side.

"I'm sorry?"

"Y/n. My name is Y/n." I revealed quietly. Immediately regretting it. Why am I telling him my actual name? Am I stupid? Has Willys chocolate brain infected my brain and it's now also turning into chocolate?

I hope he thinks that I'm lying again. But this was one of the few truths I have ever told him. Lying is not only a habit I have, it's also how I keep myself safe.

But the way he was smiling, really from ear to ear, had me thinking that he maybe wouldn't use this information against me.

He's a fool if he doesn't.

And like that, the handcuffs went off with a click. I immediately pulled back my hand and held it close to me.

"So," The chocolatier said as he straightened up. "Y/n, who hired you to steal my lifes work?"