Chapter 16

Willy held up a finger to his lips, motioning me to stay quiet as we sneaked in to Mrs. Scrubbits motel. Using a back door that Willy had left opened, we sneaked our way up to Willys room.

When I say that Willys naive, this is one of the instances I think of. He has previously told me about how Mrs. Scrubbit tricked him with the contract.

Back on the room, Willy gently closed the door behind us, careful not to make a single sound. Once the door was closed and we were in the clear, I breathed out.

"Once I have my chocolate store, I'll be able to sell more chocolate so that I can buy everyone out of their contracts." Willy mentioned, as he removed his maroon coloured coat and hung it upon the wall. "I think I can soon afford to buy my store."

I perked up.

"You're really going to pay for everyone to get free?" I asked in disbelief. Not that I wouldn't put it past Wonka to be that selfless... I've never really met someone who would do that for a bunch of stranger, technically. Not until I met Willy Wonka, atleast.

"Why, of course! They're helping me and I've promised them that I will get them out of here. I intend to keep it." He said, as if it wasn't really that much to promise.

I smiled, and looked out his window.

"I should probably get going." I tell him reluctantly, as I glance at him over my shoulder. He raised an eyebrow.

"Y/n, where do you live?" He asked me, as he sat down on his wooden chair.

I shrugged. "It depends. Some nights I've stolen enough money so I can afford a motel for the night. Otherwise, I find a nice and comfy bridge to sleep underneath." I answered with little to no feelings.

He frowned at my answer. "In this cold?"

Once again, I shrugged. "Most landlords doesn't want to rent out to someone who's known as a thief. Besides, I have a favorite bridge that's close to a bagery! They sometimes throw out the old bread that didn't get sold. That's a great breakfast." I say, trying to joke a little at the end.

Willy didn't even smile at my joke.

"Take my bed for the night, Y/n." He told me, locking eyes with me. Is he serious? I shooked my head.

"I can't do that. Where are you supposed to sleep?" I asked. Willy smiled at me, as he reached towards his jacket and draped it over himself, like a cover. He leaned back into the wooden chair, making himself comfortable for the night as he closed his eyes.

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other, as I considered his offer. I couldn't. I shouldn't. But the thought of one night in a actual bed, made me take of my jacket and lay down underneath the covers. I couldn't help but notice the faint smell of him in the  pillow.

"I'll be gone tomorrow." I promised him, while staring into the wall. "Afterall, I can't help you anymore with Slugworth."

I heard Willy yawn.

"You don't have to go. Mrs. Scrubbit has never entered my room, so you should be safe here." He answered quietly. I could feel my eyelids getting heavier with each breath I released.

"Willy?" I whispered.

"Yes, Y/n?"

"Thank you, I suppose." I said sheepishly.

"Anytime, Y/n." He answered, and judging by the way his voice sounded, it sounded like he was smiling.