Chapter 6

My heart is racing, blood rushing in my ear.

I didn't intend to keep my promise when I made it. But for some reason. I'm feeling hesitant to lie again.

I take a deep breath as I glance up at Willy, who's patiently waiting for my answer. I can't forget that I have a job to do. It doesn't matter that Wonka is a kind man. I still have to have atleast some recipe to show Slugworth. After this theft, I will refuse to work for Slugworth. I just need one more...

"I..." Think, what can I say? "I don't know his name."

Willy tilted his head. I took a step closer.

"He offered me a lot of money for your recipes because he wants to recreate them." I said carefully. Willy nods his head, still not saying a word. "I really need the money, so I took the job."

"But you don't know his name?" He said, raising an eyebrow. I took another step closer.

"No." Yes. I do know his name. Slugworth. Filthy rich. Willy is smart enough to figure out that it's Slugworth.

I just need to get my money so that I can get out. Taking a deep breath, I trail my fingertips up his arm.

"Y/n." Willy said in a low voice, as if he's still getting used to using my name. I kind of like the way he say my name, like it had meaning. "Are you lying to me again?" He asked as he looked at me with such understanding eyes. Why...?

He must be faking it. The concern and the understanding and all. Wanting to know my name. He has no reason at all to care about me. To understand why I am as I am.

He suddenly jumps and I take a step back. "I have to go! My curfew-" He did a spin, his cheeks flushed. "Until next time, Y/n." He said, giving me a flirty smile, as he tipped his hat to me.

"We won't meet again, Wonka." I say, as a matter of fact. He's shaking his head as he continues to smile at me.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." And with that, he turned around and continued walking with a quick pace.

I quickly turned around and ran back the same way we had came. I looked down on my hand and saw a tiny piece of paper, another recipe that I snatched while I was touching his arm.

Willy had been so focused at looking at me that he hadn't been looking at my hands.

I glanced down at the brown paper as I ran. I don't understand this one at all. It's one letter, the colour pink and also a... Is that a fish?

Whatever recipe this is for, it should be enough for Mr. Slugworth. I'll get my money and then I won't steal from Mr. Wonka again. Then I can go back to pickpocketing rich dumb people.

But, I immediately sensed that something was off when I entered the church and took the secret elevator down to Slugworths hidden office. The lady guarding the door looked so smug, I considered running away. But, I want my money. But I didn't like how tense the air felt.

Mr. Slugworth was standing by the bar this time. I can't even imagine having a personal bar. I stared at his back. He didn't even look at me as I came closer, but I knew that he knew I was there.

"My dear, how has your day been?" He asked as he sipped his drink.

"Boring." I lied. "But, I have another recipe." I say and slam down the piece of paper on the bar, beside Mr. Slugworths drink.

"How wonderful." He said, taking another sip. Then he turned around, locking his eyes on me. "Tell me, thief. Do you take me for a fool?"

"A fool?" I repeat after him. "You're self-absorbed, greedy and honestly a bit creepy. But I have never believed you to be a fool." I answer with some casual honesty.

He laughed at my words, before waving his goons at me. Before I even had a chance to react, two of his security men had grabbed me. I immediately try to kick them, but it was like fighting a wall. They didn't move.

I fidgeted from their strong hold. I also tried to dug my nails into one of their arms. But both of the men ignored all my attempts to get away. My heart was beating hard underneath my chest, as I look back to Mr. Slugworth who continued drinking.

"Let go off me!" I demanded and tried to once again kick one of the men holding me.

"My dear," Mr. Slugworth was suddenly right infront of me. "We tried to recreate the chocolate from the recipes you so kindly gave us. Can you guess how the chocolate tasted?"

I bite my tongue.

"It was the worst thing I have ever eaten. You-" He said, pointing a finger in my face. "-have given us false recipes."

I looked at him with wide eyes. "No, I swear on my life that I stole the recipes! I would never fake them." I exclaimed.

Mr. Slugworth put down his drink on the table.

"I don't accept people who try to make me a fool." He sneered coldly. I went limp in the security mens arms.

It doesn't matter that I'm telling the truth. Mr. Slugworth already thinks that I'm trying to rip him off. Only someone with a death wish would try to fool one of the most powerful men in this little town.

And if he thinks I faked those recipes... I'm in trouble.