Chapter 12

"What will you do if you get caught?" He asked while giving me the portable chocolate factory, although now it was in the form of a suitcase. Willy had removed the pocture of his mother, putting it in a pocket close to heart before handing me the suitcase.

I looked at Willy. His brown curly hair, his worried face. I could tell that he was trying not to show how worried he felt, but if it's something I've learned about him is that this man wears his feelings on his sleeve.

"What happened with your mother?" I ask. I don't know why I'm asking, really. I know that she's the reason he wants to make chocolate. That she was his first inspiration. And that he holds her dearly, carrying her photo in his most priced possession, the portable chocolate factory.

"She fell ill and passed away shortly after." Willy tell, while mustering up a smile. "I know it sounds ridiculous, but she promised me that she would be beside me the day I open my chocolate store. I'm still hoping she might keep that promise."

I took a deep breath. He is so sincere. The wish to keep his mother close. It must be nice to hold someone that close. It must be nice, until they inevitably leave.

"She sounds like an inspiration." I answer quietly. Willy gave me a small smile.

"She was." He looks down on the suitcase in my hands. "Don't get caught, Y/n."

"I won't get caught." I say, holding tight onto the suitcase.

Willy stared at me for a long time.

"You might." He finally said. Feeling annoyed, I sighed and turned my back towards him. I stood over Willys desk, while preparing a certain something I bought (alongside my new jacket) at the market. A smoke bomb. Not harmful, at all. But Willy still did look a bit frightened when I showed him the bomb.

"Don't worry. You'll get back your factory. I'll distract Slugworth with this and while he's not looking, I'll steal the book and take back the portable factory."

Then I heard Willy take a few steps closer. I could tell by the way my neck hair stood up, that he was really close to me. I turned around and came face to face with him.

"It's not the factory I'm worried about." He told me sincerely. His words stunned me for a second, but I quickly gathered myself and backed away.

"It'll be fine." I assure him once again before doing what I do best, leave.

The suitcase felt heavy in my hand. Not that it was particularly heavy, but it still felt heavy. With a quick pace, I was closing in on the church, while trying to ignore the dread I felt.

I know that I'm not welcomed there anymore. Last time I was here, I left bloody and beaten. But my hopes is that promising Willy Wonkas portable chocolate factory would make Slugworth trust me for enough many minutes so I could find the accounts book.

I headed for the door. Pushed it open and walked into the church. I've never felt as unwanted as I dod while walking back in here. A few monks was standing in a line, a almost inhumanly straight line. They stared at me with these lifeless eyes, but this time I could also see shame. They probably believe that I brought shame upon them all.

Maybe. But I kept my eyes on the goal. The confession booth. I sat down in it and I was immediately sent down.

I walked past the lady guarding the door. She looked up from her book and raised an eyebrow. Her upper lip curled in disdain.

"Y/n, I believe that Mr. Slugworth doesn't wish to see you." She said sharply, closing the book with a bang. I gave her a wide smile.

"I don't care what you believe. I know that Mr. Slugworth wants to meet me because I..." I held up the suitcase so the lady could see. "... have Willy Wonkas portable chocolate factory."

Her eyes went wide open.

"Does it also contain the ingredients?"

"Of course, I'm not an amateur." I scoff.

The lady looked at me with an ounce of newfound respect. I'm sure to quickly lose that respect once I've found the book.

I've been carefully observing the walls and cracks of this place. But as an dishonest person myself, Slugworth would want the book of all his illegal deeds close to him.

I followed the lady closely to see mr. Slugworth.