Chapter 8

I'm trying not to show how much my body actually hurt. But it's as if my defences die underneath his worried eyes.

I'm staring at Willy Wonka as he's sitting down on the bed across from me. He asked me who did this. He sounded so sincere too, like he really wanted to know. As if seeing me bruised and hurt like this hurt him too.

I narrow my eyes. "Stop pretending like you care, Wonka."

Willy let out a deep breath.

"I'm not pretending." He said, tilting his head. I tied my hands into fists.

"Yes, you are! You have no reason at all to care about me. That girl that was here before-"

"Noodles?"

"She told me that you found me and brought me here." I gritted my teeth and sat up on the edge of the bed, even though my body was yelling at me to not.

"Careful..." Willy said quietly. I glared at him.

"Why do you help me? What do you get out of it?" I asked Willy, almost yelling at him.

He looked at me for a moment. Probably to try and think of a lie or something.

"I'm helping you because I don't think anyone has ever helped you out before." He said with a soft voice.

Those words broke down whatever defence I had left.

"Oh." I answered quietly.

Willy got up from the bed and quickly walked to his desk. I glanced past him, at the portable chocolate factory that he had placed on the desk.

"What are you doing?" I asked, as I forced myself to stand up. I walked up to him, while ignoring the pain in my legs. He glanced over his shoulder towards me, and gave me a smile.

"You must be hungry." He simply stated. "What's your favorite flavour?"

I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms over my chest.

"No offence, Wonka, but chocolate isn't exactly dinner."

He shrugged casually.

"This one will be. It will contain all the nutrients of a common household meal while also being delicious." He explained as I observed his hands work. They danced across the table, adding the ingredients to the mix.

"Can you really make a chocolate like that?" I asked.

"Of course I can. I'm Willy Wonka." He said confidently and gave me a wink. I rolled my eyes. He noticed and smiled amused. "You really have no faith in me, darling."

"I have nothing but faith in your work." I said with heavy sarcasm, but Willy turned around towards me with a wide smile.

"Thank you, Y/n." He said cheerfully, his hazel eyes shining towards me.

He really has to stop believing everything people say.

"What kind of flavour do you like?" He asked again, as he paused in the middle of his work. I shrugged, and told him honestly what I like.

I rarely eat what I like. Beggars can't be choosers, right? If I don't steal food, I always buy the cheapest edible on the market.

Willy quickly continued working. I leaned against the table, beside him.

"Why do your written recipes look so dumb?" I ask as I look at him.

"Well, truth is that I can't read. That makes writing a bit hard too." He admitted as he gave me a sheepish smile. "Noodles has been so kind as to teach me a few words. My recipes are supposed to only be for my eyes and my eyes only, so I draw on them sometimes. When I don't know the actual word for it."