Window Scrubbing

Grim: "I'm already exhausted from a full day of cleanin'. I can't believe we still gotta wash a hundred windows!"

Y/n: "Try and learn from this experience."

Grim: "What's buggin' me is, Ace ain't even here yet! To make us wait, after what he did... Grrr!"

Y/n: "..." I swear to Satan if he's skipping.

Grim: "....."

.....

.....

Grim: "... And now he's super late! I bet he bailed on us!"

Y/n: "You. We should look for him."

Grim: "Ain't no way am I doin' his punishment for him! C'mon, Y/n, I don't care if we gotta drag him kickin' and screamin', he's washin' those windows!"

Grim: "Hey! Ace! Get over here! Try to hide from me, will ya! Huh... Maybe there's really no one here?"

Painting on the Wall: "Oh, I wouldn't say that, I'm here."

Grim: "Bwaaah! That painting just talked!"

Painting: "Yes, and...? Is a talking painting really such an oddity at this school? The lady in the portrait on that wall talks too. As does the gentleman in the portrait on this one. As long as a painting has a mouth, why wouldn't it be able to talk? Is that really so strange?"

Y/n: "Are you with those ghosts from yesterday?"

Painting: "Unlike those restless spirits, always wandering hither and thither, I've been contentedly hanging on this wall for over fifty years. Now, you seem to be searching for someone."

Grim: "We're lookin' for this guy called Ace. He's got messy hair and a heart drawn on his face."

Y/n: "A fair-skinned boy of average height. He has fluffy, orange hair that flips up at the ends, and average-length bangs that fall around his face and between his eyes. His eyes are bright scarlet, and over his left eye is a red marking shaped like a heart."

Grim stares at her in shock.

Painting: "Ah, I know the one. A new student, I believe? Today was his first day at school. I think he went back to his dorm a while ago."

Grim: "Myaaah! So it's true! He's tryin' to ditch us! Do you know which way he went?"

Painting: "The door to the dorms is in the eastern building."

Grim: "Let's chase after him, Y/n!"

Y/n: "Farewell!"