A Tradition Lesson

A: "Whoa, didn't know you had that in you..."

Y/n: "Get out of my sight before I end your pathetic life."

A & B: "Y-Yes ma'am! Right away Ma'am!"

~At octavinelle~

Flyod: "Woah! Did you see how cool she looked when betting them up!"

Jade: "She beat them into submission."

Azul: "We could use someone like her in our team."

~At Scarabia~

Kalim: "S-she showed no mercy."

Jamil: "They did threaten to skin her familiar multiple times."

Kaim: "Right. She was just protecting her familiar.

~Heartslabyul~

Riddle: "She does that but has the gall to ask me to show mercy."

Green-haired male: "Ask?"

Cater: "She stopped by the dorm earlier to talk. Come on I'll introduce you."

~Diasomnia~

Black and pink-haired male: "Hahaha, what a well-deserved beating. Quite refreshing to see a fragile-looking girl be able to beat two fit males."

~Ignihyde~

Blue-haired Boy: "Woah, she's so cool!"

~Savanaclaw~

Hyena: "I have to tell Leona about this, he'll laugh so hard."

~Back with Ramshackle~

Ace: "Can we just get some lunch already? I missed breakfast, and I'm about to collapse."

Deuce: *Sigh* "I can't believe this. Textbook bullies at an academy that's supposed to be famous for producing exceptional mages..."

Grim: "Aw, get over it already. It's time to chow like the wind!" *munch* *munch* "This omelet is as fluffy as a cloud, and practically burstin' with cheese!" *munch* *munch* "So, I saw your guys' dorm, but what are the other ones like?"

Cater: "I'm sure you're familiar with the statues of the Great Seven? Night Raven College has a dorm themed after each one."

Y/n: "Carter."

Ace: "Bwah! You're that guy from this morning!"

Grim: "You tricked us into paintin' those dumb roses!"

Cater: "... "Tricked" is such an ugly word. Do you think I wanted to spend MY morning painting roses? It's dorm policy! I was just following orders."

Y/n: "How about deceived, mislead, outwitted, hoaxed, swindled, defrauded, duped, fooled?

Deuce: "And grinning like a fiend all the while."

Cater: "Now, now, Deucey. Outside of the dorm, I don't care what rules you follow. Here, I'm just a friendly mentor figure!"

Deuce: "Please. Do NOT call me Deucey."

Green-Haired Male: "Ah ha ha. That's how Cater shows he cares."

Y/n: "He can shove it up his dick."

All four males wince as Grim scarfed down food. Y/n shrugs.

Ace: "And who are you?"

Green-Haired Male: "Ah, I should introduce myself. The name's Trey. Trey Clover. I'm a junior at Heartslabyul, like Cater here. And you must be Y/n, the new prefect from that dump of a- ah, I mean, the "rustic" dorm. I heard the whole story from Cater. Thanks for looking out for our boys yesterday."

Y/n: "It doesn't exist anymore so you  can shit talk it all you want."

Trey: "Huh?"

Y/n: "It was condemned. So we stayed out my place."

Ace: "A fucking mansion."

Y/n: "A manor."

Trey: "Which is it?"

Y/n: "Manor."

Ace: "What's the difference, anyway?"

Y/n: "A manor is a large estate with a historic significance, serving as the primary residence. In contrast, a mansion is a luxurious and spacious house that often exceeds 7,000 square feet."

Ace: "I don't recall inviting you to sit with us..."

Cater: "Hey now, we're all from the same dorm, right? Let's try to get along. Here, gimme your digits."

Y/n: "Huh?"

Cater: "What is up with you, Y/n? You look so tense! It's okay, baby! Relax! Relaaaaax! I bet you're the type that's awkward IRL but can text up a storm, huh? Just give me your info already!"

Y/n: "Did you just call me baby?"

Cater: "Would you beat me up if I said yes?"

Y/n: "I'm in a good mood from beating those bastards I'll let it go."

Y/n and Cater exchange numbers.

Trey: "Cater. You're freaking out the freshmen. Maybe take it down a notch?"

Cater: "Ha! Sorry! I can get a little extra sometimes. What were we talking about... The dorms, yeah? Ah, what fun to mentor new students! Go ahead, A-M-A."

Ace: "Before you get into the other dorms, I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about ours. Like, what's the deal with all this "Queen of Hearts rule number whatever" junk?"

 Trey: "I'm sure you're familiar with the legendary Queen of Hearts already? She had to rule over a kingdom of weirdos, and did it by emphasizing order and making strict rules."

Cater: "Our dorm, Heartslabyul, is an homage to her. And we live by the rules she created."

Grim: "Pfft. Can you make me any more bored?"

Cater: "Now, the degree to which we adhere to the rules depends on the sitting housewarden. Past wardens have been much more lax."

Trey: "Riddle though? He doesn't mess around. Basically, you could say that we're honoring that tradition to the utmost extent possible."

Y/n: "Well trauma can do things to people. He's what 17 to 18? He'll mellow out with some time and therapy."

Ace: "Bleah. Just my luck..."

Grim: "So what are the other dorms like, then?"