Chapter 10

Dean

At this moment I wish I could teleport like Ace because flying as fast as my wings will carry me is still too slow. I stayed strong through her mother's heat wave, I managed to keep my growing erection hidden while I had to endure feeling the degree at which the Alphas' passion burns for their mate.

If Solana knew my reaction, however involuntary and biological it may be, I doubt she'd ever let me live it down. Much less forgive me. Especially when the truth is that the way her parents feel about each other is pretty close to how I feel about her. I'm not sitting here getting off on the idea of her mother, I'm struggling because it's too close to how I'm starting to feel about Sol and I don't think either of us are ready to acknowledge that.

The thread I was holding on by snapped embarrassingly fast when Sol fucking whimpered like that, like she had that night after her siblings' party. And just like that I couldn't sit there anymore and successfully conceal the sudden urge to put my mark on her like the ones her mother wears openly and unabashedly.

I fly at full speed until I arrive at our guest bedroom door and promptly smack into it when the doorknob refuses to turn.

"It's Dean, fucking open the door," I pound desperately against the door. "For the love of the Gods open up," I plead with Hunter and the universe at large to put me out of my misery.

The lock flips and I barrel into the room past Hunter and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind me.

"Everything okay?" I hear Hunter's voice call out on the other side of the bathroom door but I don't know what to say. Is everything okay? No, I mean yes...but not really. My knuckles burn white-hot from the force of the grip I have on the edge of the bathroom counter. My cock throbs painfully behind the zipper of my jeans, testing the seams' strength with every twitch. Of course, fighting it, denying it, only exacerbates my need for release.

"Are you going to tell me what's going on?" Hunter manages to conceal the anxiety he feels from the tone of his voice.

"I...don't know." I grit out honestly, attempting to use my palm to adjust myself over my jeans. What's going on right now is I'm trying not to come in my pants like some hormonal fledgling, especially when the object of my desire is none other than the love of Hunter's life and Ace's mate. I try to focus on Hunter's mounting concern for my and Sol's wellbeing, anything to distract me.

Even the pain from the friction against my clothes feels mind-numbingly good. The head of my cock is now weeping precum like a hose that has been kinked for too long and is succumbing to the mounting pressure behind the nozzle.

The bathroom door slowly swings open, revealing Hunter propped against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest and feet crossed at the ankles. "I can't tell if you look like you've been stabbed or more like you want to stab someone else. Either way you look like shit."

"Thanks for that unsolicited assessment, I'll bear that in mind the next time your former Alphas all but fuck the Queen in front of me."

Hunter laughs lightly to himself, "yeah, that'll do it." His lips turn up into a smile as his mind wanders into a memory. "I wish I could say you get used to it, but no one ever really does."

"So her parents jumping one another with no warning during a meeting is completely normal?" I groan as I resist pressing my hips forward against the counter, my dick desperately seeking any kind of physical contact at this point.

Hunter simply shrugs at me, "that's mates for you. The Alphas can be insufferably possessive and terminally stubborn, but when it comes to their mate it's ten times worse. Sometimes it's like they see nothing but her."