Chapter 28

Ace

The objective is simple. Teleport to the facility, gain control, choke out Lobo and force the Elders into a corner. From there we can leverage. And if they don't agree to our terms then we have enough evidence against them to rally other colonies against them and enforce a total overhaul of the council.

For us to get to the facility we need someone who's already been there to steer the other teleporters, so to speak. Solana's dads are going with Eli and Xander, Griffin is with Hunter and Magnolia, Dean and Solana are with Rhys, and I've got Tate and Runidar.

Four groups, four sides of the building.

The moments before porting over are like a scene from a war movie where loved ones kiss and cry before sending their men off to battle. Except no one here is crying, and it's not just men marching off but our Queens.

The Alphas are neither discrete nor subtle with their affection for their Queen. They wrap her up in their arms and kiss her long and hard. Xander smiles at them affectionately, almost as if he's debating doing the same thing and wondering if here and now is the place and time.

While they all but fornicate in the corner Eli whispers his demands that she stay safe in Sol's ear then kisses her sweetly before handing her over to Hunter who takes a page from the Alphas' book and kisses her like it'll be his last.

Tate drags her into the shadows, preferring to show his affection to her and her alone. Then it's my turn.

Sol walks up to me with large, burning eyes that I melt over every time. I nuzzle against her neck kissing up its column, sucking her earlobe between my teeth and relishing the hiss of breath she draws between her lips.

"Ace," she presses a hand against my chest.

"Be safe, princess. That is not a request." I purr the warning.

"Ace, once we're over there you can't treat me like this, okay? I told the others, too. Walls up, serious business. We can't afford mistakes today and I refuse to be a distraction."

I can't do anything but smile at my girl. Does she really not understand that she lives in my thoughts rent free 24/7? I've had practice suppressing my desire for her in favor of work and business. Hopefully this will be the last time I'll ever have to.

"Whatever you say, my Queen." A visible shiver runs through her and her eyes darken, betraying everything she just demanded about not getting distracted.

"I mean it!" She laughs as she shoves me away. "You don't think I can but watch. This — stone cold." She gestures around her face with her pointer finger before shooting me one last warning glare and walking over to Dean.

Tate and Runidar come over to me the moment she's gone. "Ready?" They both nod and with that we teleport to the facility.

A minute or two later Dean and Eli link me that they landed. My phone buzzes in my pocket with a text from Hunter letting me know that they've also landed.

Off to my left I catch a glimpse of Rhys, Dean, and Sol heading for the side door. I try linking Sol but I hit nothing but a block.

She was serious when she said she was going to block us out. I link to Dean who immediately laughs back at me.

She's a machine when she's in the zone. I've got her Alpha, I'll keep you updated.

Tate is eyeing me when the link ends. He's upset he's not the one in her group, but I need him with me. He needs to get into their security room. The others are here to subdue the guards by any means necessary.