1: The Art of Getting By

"Carlisle it's a full moon, you know she doesn't have very good control."

"I am very aware of her state Jasper." Carlisle says. "Alice said that everything will go well."

I walk by Jasper and he grabs my arm. He looks at the band aid by the crease of my elbow.

"Shots won't help her any." Jasper drops my arm and I walk off.

"Elizabeth don't worry, Jasper is just overdramatic." Emmett scoffs. I smile and nod and continue walking.

"Hurry up!" Alice squeals.

"I'm coming." I say, my voice has a slight British accent to it. My hair is brownish blonde, it falls to about my hips. I have hazel eyes, I'm 17. And my name is Elizabeth Rivers. I was sorta abandoned by my family when I was 9, ran away from the orphanage when I was 10, lived in the woods for almost 7 years, and now I live with the Black's.

"We don't have all night! Jake said to have you back to him by 10:00!" Bella calls. Jake- as in Jacob Black, he's my age. He imprinted on me. He used to imprint on Bella's daughter, Renesme. (Sorry if its spelled wrong, probably is.) She became strong enough to take care of her self without needed protection. So the bond broke. Then Jake found me.

"I said that I was coming!" I put my hands up.

"Let's just go already, it's 8." Rosalyn says. Alice starts the car and we drive off.

"Where are we going anyways?" I ask.

"How old are you again?" Alice questions.

"17."

"Well tonight you are 23. We are going Port Angeles." She glances at me in the rearview mirror. "Just don't tell Jacob where we went. If he asks tell him we went and got stuff done."

"He's gonna want details."

"Say we went to get our hair or something." Bella suggests.

"He'll know it's a lie if I tell him that." I giggle.

"Tell him we went motorcycle riding then." Rosalyn says.

"That he might believe." I nod pursing my lips.
******************2 Hours Later**********************

"Hey look, he's already here." Alice smirks. Jake gets out and stands by the truck.

"I better go before he gets too pissed." I say getting out of the car.

"100 years later." Jake says smiling. I smile and start to walk over. The girls get out behind me. The moon shines down on my face and I begin to feel lightheaded. I stumble back, but catch myself on the good of the car. I start walking toward the truck again only seconds later to pass out. I feel myself getting lifted off the ground, and then gently lied back down, car doors slam. It feels warm, Jake probably brought Seth, Leah, or Quil along. I know that if I passed out Jake wouldn't drive. I drift farther off. My head whirls and my limbs shake out of control.

"Drive faster Embry!" I hear a voice say.

"I'm going as fast as I can." Embry says.

"No you're not! Go faster!" I jerk closer to Jake and my nerves calm a little. The shaking no longer as aggressive.

"We're almost there." Embry states. The truck comes to a stop, as well as my seizure, and my body is lifted again, carried, and gently lied back down.

"It's gonna be okay." Jake whispers playing with a piece of my hair. I gain consciousness and flutter my eyes open.

"Jake?" My voice is hoarse.

"I'm right here El." His so soft.

"Stay." I feel a tear roll down my cheek though I don't know why I'm crying.