11: Counting Spells

ELIZABETH

I wake up alone, surrounded by silence. I flutter my eyes a few times before I realize that I'm not anywhere I remember. I try to move my arms, but their tied up. Same with my ankles, damn, they even gagged me. Great. I sink my teeth into the gag and knaw my way to make it loose enough to fall out. Okay, check your surroundings. Wooden chair, thick rope, now for the room, about 8x9, metal walls, small table by the door. Can't scream, it'll only echo to me. Can't get through the door. No windows. No airvents. Only one thing left to do. I push back with all my strength breaking free from the chair. I search for something sharp and whittle away at the ropes on my hands. I untie my feet and pace trying to think.

"Okay, okay. You know someone put you in here. They're gonna come back. They always come back. Play along. Play along to what they do. You got this. You got this." I whisper still pacing.

The sound of metal scraping makes my head jerk to see the cause. My eyes widen and my jaw drops, my heart stops.

"Hello, Elizabeth."

"H-how are you a-alive?" I gawk at what's standing in front of me.

"Don't worry babygirl, everything's all right."

"Where's Jacob!?!" I yell.

"Why don't you see for yourself." The lights glow brighter as the hand directs me to a corner.

My hand instantly flies to my mouth. My eyes begin to burn as the tears swell up. I run over and drop to my knees beside him. Covered in blood, I check his pulse. I shake my head aggressively. No, no, no! He's not dead. I bury my head in his chest as the tears fall. The comforting warmth I have come to know is no longer there. I pull back enough to count my fingers. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten. No, no! This is real, this is, this is all real. I jump to my feet and face my kidnapper.

"YOU BITCH! YOU KILLED HIM! YOU KILLED HIM! I HATE YOU! I WISH YOU WERE STILL DEAD!" I scream through the tears.

"To think you would have more respect for your mother."

"Not when I was abused because of you. Not when my boyfriend died on your hands. Not when I am always the one to blame. Not when you ruined my life." I say sternly with the same hatred I have against the rest of my family.

"I didn't do this. I'm dead because of you, your boyfriend is dead because of you. Everybody's dying, all because of you. So do the world a favor, take this dagger, and kill yourself, just like the little pathedic bitch that you are." She tosses the dagger at me. I twirl the dagger around in my fingers for a moment. I glance at my fingers. One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven! I throw the dagger at my mother's head and try to wake myself up.

I counted ten when I saw Jacob's body, is he really dead? The suicide was fake, but Jake, Jake- was, that was real. I hear in distant sirens blare through my ears. I close my eyes and let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding. I slowly open my eyes and look back on the corner, the body still there. I close my eyes and collapse on the ground. If he's dead, I might as well be too.
***************************************************************************************************************

So mystery person is Gabe and El's mother (Bianca Rivers) who will be played by Scarlet Johanson.

So sorry that this chapter was so short, but I wanted to build tension. Next chapter will be longer, I promise. This was a very sad and dramatic chapter.

But, is Jacob really dead?

Was being held hostage real?

Is Bianca alive, or was it all a bad dream?