4: Long Nights and Fireflies

ELIZABETH

My eyes flutter open. "Jake?" My voice hoarse.

"I'm right here." His so soft. I look around and notice that I'm on his lap like a dog.

"What happened?" I ask.

"I told you that I imprinted on you and you pretty much blacked out." He scoffs.

"How long ago?"

"I dunno, a week maybe?" He sounds unsure.

"Great." I whimper.

"You do realize that you aren't a lap dog right?"

"Does it look like I give a damn."

"Just wanted to make sure. Ya know, sinse you're not a wolf for a fact. So you can't be part dog. Even though you're acting like one."

"I'm just cold and lonely and tired. Still."

"Well I can fix the cold and lonely, but you can not sleep until it's clarified that you did not do any damage to that pretty little mind of yours."

"But that's what's bugging me the most!" I whine.

"Sorry El, and I know that the cold and lonely is worse. You can't lie."

"It all sucks."

"Want me to carry you to the room?" I nod.

"Mhm" Is all I manage to get out.
***************************************************************************************************************
The breeze blows as I walk through the woods. Trees sway as birds sing. I stand still for a moment. Leaves crunch and branches break. I jerk to see who's following.

"Who's there!?!" I call. I flash of color zooms by.

"You know who I am."

"Who are you?" I growl.

"Maybe the real question is, Who are you? More importantly, Where's your wolf?"

"Answer my question first."

"My name is Xenikia O'Hara (Pronounced Zeh- neh- ky- ah Oa- hair- ah.)" Her brown hair fell just below her shoulders, her blue eyes could probably kill someone with one glance. Funny, she looks- familiar.

"Do you know what I am?" I cross my arms under my chest and cock out my hip.

"Precisely."

"Now bringing me to yet another question. What are you?"

"The same as you, just a different breed." And with that the world turned upsidedown raining upward. Xenikia O'Hara is an ally of my own species, only a different breed. Whether she is to be trusted or not is a mystery. Play the game, finish with the divine move.

"Xenikia, I wish to see more of you. And next time we speak, I need my answers."

"Very well Elizabeth Rivers." With that Xenikia O'Hara is gone with the wind.
***************************************************************************************************************
I wake up with a gasp, what in the hell just happened. Was it all just a dream? Is Xenikia O'Hara real?

"Elizabeth, are you okay?" Jacob asks sitting beside me. I fall back on the bed and turn on my side facing him.

"I-I don't know." A tear rolls down my cheek. "I-It all seemed so real. Every detail. I was so close. I was so close to finding out."

"About what?"

"Finding out what I am. All that I had to do was stop her."

"Stop who?"