8: Living Hell

JACOB

"Are you sure?" Seth asks in my head.

"El said that's what Alice told her over the phone." I reply.

"The Volturi, after a Hybrid. That doesn't even make any sense."

"If they see her as a threat they might. Remember when I first found out that Bella was pregnant? Sam made the decision to kill her because she posed a threat carrying Renesmee."

"They want to eliminate her."

"They're not gonna touch her." I growl.

"Agreed."

"Jake?" Elizabeth asks snapping me out of thought.

"Yeah?" I spin around to face her, she has a glum look on her face.

"We need to go back." She looks up at me with her eyes filled with worry and fear.

"What's wrong?" I hold her face in my hands examining her body.

"I-it's the O'Hara, th-they told the Volturi. They told- they told them that I was a threat to the-them." A subtle tear starts to roll down her cheek. I wipe it away with my thumb.

"I'll handle it." I pull her into a tight hug, her head against my chest. I can hear a soft sniffle from her. "Don't worry." Her arms squeeze tighter. "Come on." I usher her toward the bedroom. "Let's go pack."
***************************************************************************************************************
ELIZABETH

In the passenger seat of the Chevy, my left leg bounces and my fists clench with severe anxiety. My heatrate increases, and my breathing accelerates. I close my eyes and lean my head against the top of the seat and focus on slowing my breathing. I normally don't get this jittery, so why am I like this now? I feel my right leg start to bounce. I clench my fists tighter and silently suck in a breath. I need to calm down, like desperately need to calm down. I can't risk having another panic attack, it's bad enough that we have to drive in pouring rain, a panic attack is the worst thing that can happen right now. I focus on the sound of the radio, well try to at least. I suck in another silent breath. I feel Jacob's hand make its way over to one of mine. I grab his hand and squeeze it tightly.

"What's wrong?" He asks.

"It's nothing, just keep driving." I reply. His thumb rubs against my knuckles and he wiggles my arm a little.

"I'll pull over if you want me too El."

"Really, Jake. I'm fine, we're almost home anyways."

"I hope you realize that you're probably gonna get bombarded the second we pull in."