5: Wild Fire

ELIZABETH

I sit in the corner of the couch with my legs against my chest. I'm constantly monitored by the wolves and the Cullens. Mainly either Jacob or a very concerned Jasper. I haven't moved really, or 'spazzed out'. I just sit here. Every time someone comes by me I'm asked the same question; 'Are you okay?' and it's always answered with a nod. I don't get why they can't tell, I mean I'm perfectly fine.

"Who are you?" Jake asks distantly.

"I know she's listening in, and will not give myself away." A voice replies.

"How do you know?"

"Instincts. I can also help you determine her breed."

"Fine." Jacob growls. I hear footsteps near me. I look over and my eyes widen. I stand up and run over wrapping my arms around the so called stranger.

"Gabe!" I squeal.

"Hey, Liz." His arms squeeze back, Gabe's accent so calming.

"I thought I'd seen the last of you when you disappeared."

"And I might've thought that night was the last of you."

"So did I." I giggle.

"Okay, so know are you gonna tell me who you are?" Jake scoffs.

"Don't worry Jake, he's my brother."
*******************************************Playing Teen Wolf credit music in my head*****************************

After a long game of 20 Questions with Jake, I took Gabe to La Push, alone. After 8 years, we need to catch up.

"You ran away!?!" Gabe sounds dumbfounded.

"Yes, I guess I got tired of it." I reply.

"Okay, so. 4 months after I left, he let you go."

"I escaped because he threw something at me and I ran."

"4 months after I left, you escaped. After a year in an orphanage, you ran away. 6.75 years later the wolves find you. I know you, you let them find you. Why?"

"I dunno, I was lonely."

"How long have you been with them?"

"9 months. Now tell me about your lovely adventures."

"One more question. How long you and the wolf boy been together?"

"About 6 months. Maybe a little less. It was more like courting until about 2 months ago. Ya know, after I got used to everything."

"Does he treat you right?"

"Yeah, he takes care of me when I'm sick. Helps me with control. Protects me, but still gives me freedom. Jake normally brings me here so I can show him how I used to live. During lowtide we all come here and hangout, but I'm still distant. I normally sit out on a rock while everyone stays on shore and acts like an idiot. Tell me about your life now."

"I regret leaving you behind when I left. I've lived almost everywhere. I never stopped searching for you. Celebrated your birthdays because I know that you were still thinking about what happened that night. I met a few girls, never stayed together for more than a few weeks because they thought that I was crazy. Almost hunted down Dad, still working on it. I found you using recent hospital records. Still trying to find a place of my own."

"How old are you now anyways?"

"Ehh, about 19. I'll be 19 in a few months."

"I'm 18 soon."