12: Drifting (Part One)

UNKNOWN

The girl I once knew, the girl I once loved, now rests softly on a white bed. Covered in white sheets, and a small white blanket over the body. This girl never deserved this, this kind of hatred. No one to save her from this, this deep, dark, self hatred buried inside her for years and years. People will ask, people will ponder. She was a fighter, so why'd she give in now. She had so much to live for, so much to love, and so many whom loved her. She is longer one I know, but now one whom was known, loved, and cherished by me.
***************************************************************************************************************
JACOB

I've never hated anyone more in my life than what I do now. I've never wished that I could feel their bones crush in my hands, see the fear in their eyes, watch them suffer. Make them pay for what they have done. Seek out revenge. Just because I'm a predator, doesn't mean I have to kill. I will no longer go by that rule. Not when what I love the most has been taken from me. Not when I have nothing else. Not when the blood ran dry through the veins. Not anymore.

I am a creature of habit. A wolf is a tireless hunter, not ment to be tamed, or put on a leash, but to run wild and be free. My very nature is to protect my pack, even when it means killing. I am no longer the pathedic, nature deprived, weak teenage boy that I was before. Nor will I ever be. Let loose because control is overrated. Let go because you know deep down inside that you're only owning up to the promise you made to the one you love. Let yourself be free because it's the only thing left to do. Now tell yourself that it'll all be over soon.
***************************************************************************************************************
ELIZABETH

To think I would've been stronger, showed no emotion, allowed no pain to seep through the cracks. I know that I'm not the person that I should be. I know that I shouldn't let anyone see the darkness in me. Finding a way to pull away from it is the real challenge. Not control, but letting go is the hard part. Struggling to bring it upon yourself, then letting the darkness flow. Control is overrated. Especially when you have abilities that you can't use because you don't have the power, because you don't have the strength. I may be just the pathetic teenager with abandonment issues, or the little girl who was abused, or even the little bitch that thought she could, but I am vengeful. I will exact my revenge.

I may not appear to be dangerous, but it doesn't take much to appeal to coldblooded murder. I mean, it's in my blood. I'm a Hybrid, bred to kill. Only if they had taken it to mind. I wasn't designed to have feelings, or to care, or to think, or to love, or to cherish. Let the world know, let them know what I am, and what I am capable of. I'll start with the ones I owe, then I will raise hell up from below, and the best thing is, no one will ever see me coming.
***************************************************************************************************************
Flashback

"Elizabeth, don't!" A voice yells.

"Too late." I hold my arms out to either side and slide a foot back. I watch as everything unravels before my eyes. When your life starts to fade, you'll know it. I close my eyes and step forward letting my arms relax at my sides.

"Come on, get down. It's- everything's gonna be okay." His hand grabs mine.

"No, not until this is all over. Not until I make everything right. Not until, not until I fix this." I pull away from the hand and turn around. I take a deep breath before closing my eyes. I start walking forward until my feet leave the ground.

"Elizabeth!"
***************************************************************************************************************
UNKNOWN

One Mississippi... Take a deep breath

Two Mississippi... Clear your thoughts

Three Mississippi... Let out the breath that you've been holding

Four Mississippi... Almost there

Five Mississippi... Say goodbye to everything

Six Mississippi... Nobody cares

Seven Mississippi... You finally realize you weren't to be dwelled on

Eight Mississippi... Everyone around is injured

Nine Mississippi... Revenge fulfilled
***************************************************************************************************************
JACOB

Flashback

"I love you so much." She says smiling into my eyes.

"Oh yeah? Well..." I give her a quick kiss. "I love you more."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Okay then, what would you do if I was cheated on you?"

"Kill the bastard that you were cheating in me with."

"What if I didn't want you to?"

"I love you enough to let you go."

"If you love something, set it free. What most people don't know is if you love something enough, they'll always come back." She kisses my neck. "No matter what."

I smirk and wrap my arms around her waist. Her hands slide under my shirt. I press my lips against hers. She pushes me down on the bed.
***************************************************************************************************************
El knew that something was off. She knew that I needed her to be strong. She knew that I needed her to be with me. I don't know where she is, or if she's okay. God, I hope she's okay. El, she-she never had a chance. I-I wish I could hold her. I-I wish I held her more. Now she-she's gone...