14: Not that Innocent

I wake up with no memory of the night before, and a slight headache. I look down a little to see Jake's head on my chest, we're both half naked, I'm playing with a small piece of his hair. A small smile cracks upon my face, my lips press against his head before I fall back asleep. Just before I can fall under, I feel Jake move. A slight groan slips from his lips.

"Hey, El. El!" Jake says quietly.

"What?" I mumble. My eyes flutter for a while before they widen. I chuckle a little.

"Do you have any idea what happened last night?" He whisper yells.

"No, and I'm guessing you don't either." I'm still half asleep, but I was almost all the way asleep when I woke up earlier.

"Not the slightest." Jake's tone of voice changes. "But now, ya know, I'm curious about how we woke up like we did."

"Now I'm wondering that too." I cock my head to the side a little.

"Part of me also wants to know how in the hell we explain coming home late because that's all I remember." He pats my side.

"Surprisingly I don't even remember that much." I chuckle. He smirks before locking our lips.

"Well, then what do you remember?" Jake asks.

"The walk back from La Push, after that it's a blur."

"Too bad, because you owe me 100 dollars, you promised when we got home." He nods reluctantly.

"Ha ha, nice try."
***************************************************************************************************************
"I think I might know how to find out what happened last night." I whisper to Jake who's currently sitting beside me on the couch.

"How?" He looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"C'mon." I stand up before grabbing his hands and pulling him up and walking to the bed room.

"Okay, so, remember when Gabe was showing me how to use my abilities?" I ask. All I receive is a nod. "Well he showed me how to remember things by using my senses, instead of relying on memory. So all I should have to do is practically drive myself crazy trying to do this, but I'm 85% sure that I can do it no problem."

"What about that 15% of doubt?" Jake scoffs.

"I'm going to act like it's nonexistent. Mmmkay? I just need to focus." I absentmindedly nod with a slight smirk.

He plops down on the bed. I slowly walk around the room running my fingers along the wall. I glance down at something sticking out of the closet. I pick it up and toss it around in my hands a little.

"I think I know why neither of us remember much." I turn to Jake with a bottle of whiskey in my hand. "The phrase whiskey dick comes to mind."

"We were drunk, great." He lays back on the bed. I look down at the bottle and run my fingers across it.

"Billy is gonna kill us!" I whisper yell waiting for Jake close the front door.

"Probably." He nods. I look over on the kitchen shelf.

"What's that?" I point at a bottle. Jake walks over and picks it up.