13: Drifting (Part Two)

ELIZABETH

I wish that I had said 'I love you' more. I wish that I had kissed him more. I wish that we had spoken more. I wish that we held each other more. I wish that I still had him. A bright light comes upon my eyelids, a beeping sound fills my ears. I wake up with a gasp. I quickly cover my eyes from the light.

"Elizabeth, hey." Hotch soothes.

"Where's Jacob!?!" I ask franticly.

"Hey, hey, hey. Calm down okay? They told him to leave for a minute or two." Hotch says softly.

"C-can, can you go get him? Please, I-I need to see him."

"Yeah, I'll be right back." Hotch pats my leg before getting up and walking out.
***************************************************************************************************************
Okay, so I've been home for like 2 days, and Jake is refusing to leave my side. I don't blame him, I kinda like it, but after a while, he can at least let me be alone for like 5 minutes. Alice said that we have 10 days before the Volturi show up. Jacob told me that I'm staying out of the action, especially when I'm not healing at my typical supernatural rate. So everybody else gets to go have fun today while Jake and I sit on the couch.

I huff a sigh while playing with my hospital wristband. I refuse when people try to cut it off. I like playing with it, it helps deal with anxiety, oh well. I start flicking it, paper doesn't hurt as much as rubber, technically paper doesn't hurt at all. I feel a hand lace with mine pulling me away from the bracelet. I follow the hand up a muscular arm to Jacob's face. I let out a low growl, and he simply looks at me.

"Leave the bracelet alone." He says.

"Oh, my God! I'm not a freakin' 2 year old!" I groan with pure utter annoyance.

"Leave it alone then."

"Let go of my hand."

"Are you gonna leave the bracelet alone?"

"I said, let go of my hand." I growl.

"No, leave the damn bracelet alone." Jake says.

"Jacob, let her play with the bracelet." Billy steps in. Jake rolls his eyes and drops my hand. I smirk in victory.

"Thank you, Billy." I start flicking it and twisting it around. Jake glances down at the bracelet and growls.
***************************************************************************************************************
Okay, maybe Jake and I haven't really gotten along since we left the hospital, but he is a little overprotective, only if he would see it. Yeah, yeah I know, he imprinted so he has to protect me blah, blah, bullshit, bullshit. I still deserve to get some alone time, right? That's what I thought. I don't mind cuddling at night, but hello, severe abandonment issues here. The leaves aren't really a pleasurable thing, always falling. It's annoying actually. Profoundly annoying.

"Look, I'm sorry for being so overprotective, I guess it's just because I thought you were dead, so ya know. I don't know if it's the whole imprint thing or if it's just me, being a complete ass." Jacob tries to apologize.

"I thought that you were dead to Jacob, I saw your body. Worse than that my mother's the one that did it." I sigh trying to keep my voice steady. "But that doesn't mean that I should get clingy, I've dealt with too much for a 17 year old girl. A-and it doesn't mean that I don't love you anymore, it's just-" I let out a sigh. "Truth of the matter is, I guess that I've learned not to become too attached because in the end, it's always the ones that your attached to that get hurt. I just don't want for you to get hurt." I purse my lips trying to hold back tears. Jacob's hand rubs my back. My lips stay in a small line.

"I think I can handle it." His head drops a little.

"I guess, I guess it's because I've learned not to fall in love with someone that you may never see again." I drop my head. "That and I've also learned that my mom's possibly the biggest bitch on Earth." That earned a small chuckle out of both of us.

"You hate me, don't you?"

"I like you Jake, I like you a lot." I peer into his eyes.

"I can work with that." Jake pulls me in for a kiss. My breath is taken away by his sudden action. We haven't kissed since, well since before the 'incident'.

"I love you." I smirk against his lips.

"I love you more." He leans in for another. I put my finger up to his lips. I tsk.

"Save it, but now we're going on a walk." I pull my finger away and peck his neck. I get up from the bed and slip on my combat boots and leather jacket. "Well come on."

"Damn, I'm coming." He stands up and grabs his hoodie. I hate it when he wear his boots around the house.
***************************************************************************************************************
The leaves crunch beneath our feet as the breeze gently blows through the trees. The sweet smell of Autumn carries through my nose. With our hands intertwined, we've allowed nature to speak for us. Not a single word was said from the time we left. The world is a lot more peaceful when you see through the eyes of the wild. Many people out there don't understand the very laws of nature. The laws of this very Earth that we dwell on. You need to experience the wild before you can understand it. Jake probably thinks it's cute when I skip a little or stop to pet a random animal. I'm practically Snow White, or Sleeping Beauty, or Pocahontas. I guess that makes Jacob my- oh God- prince or John. Pocahontas, well in the movie, fell in love with John Smith. Rumors spread that he died, she goes to London and meets John Rolfe, Smith never died, Pocahontas starts to fall for him again. Then it ends up that she's with John Rolfe. I can't let that happen, Jake can't 'die' then I fall in love with a total stranger. Jake's the only one for me, I know that now.

"You okay?" Jake asks snapping me out of thought.

"Uh- yeah, I'm fine." I nod a few times before glancing at the ground.

"You don't have to lie El." Jake sighs using his free hand to turn my head.

"Really, Jake, I'm fine." I pull his hand away.

"You reek of anxiety." He states.

"So?" I raise an eyebrow.

"And I know it's not because we're in the woods." He swing our arms back and forth.

"Okay, maybe I am having a little anxiety." He raises an eyebrow at me. "Okay, more than a little." He nods toward me. "Okay fine! Yes, I know. It's just- I have a lot on my mind right now and-" His lips against mine cuts me off.

"And you need to stop worrying so much."