Chapter 13

Kung si limit of x ay zero, love for me is undefined. Love is subjective. So when I decide to love someone, I consider their place, work, etc. Love is subjective, not objective. Love is timeless. If love is objective, what if love bounds limits? So many what if's are on my mind. Baka akalain nilang delusional ako sa pagpili ng taong makakasama sa panghabang-buhay. Siguro, when I was young I learned to grab opportunity, but not to take advantage of the situation. If it's meant for me, then it's really the right time. I'm not a type of person who is always on a rush. I don't see someone as an object worth obsessing for. 

It's past afternoon already. As a group, we have decided to go to school to pass some of our midterm and final examinations. As senior high individuals who have been studying all this time at the beginning of my journey and as an academic student studying at Bleu Science High School, we, as a group, are at the school to talk to our teachers and subject teachers since we don't have the same section. 

Roselyn volunteered to open the door. "Good afternoon, Mrs. Rowena. We are here to let you see our introduction. Our concern as a group is for you to check each fact and if we're heading into the same direction parallel to yours so that we can proceed for the first chapter." She told Mrs. Rowena despite the submission of deadlines for our research. 

"Oh, yes! Let me see it." Mrs. Rowena opened the door for us.

I am the one who brought the paper. So, I got it out of my bag and turned it over to her. 

As she was reading while her eyes were moving along with the paragraphs, I can't help but to feel overwhelmed with nervousness as we watched her put a finger of the paper she is currently reading. 

"Congratulations, guys! Just continue. Your introduction has got a sense of direction! Great job!" she said, implying that the research team is ready.

"Thank you, ma'am!" Reah, Roselyn and Marty cooed all-knowingly.

As we were about to step aside, loud voices in our direction were heard. We saw Leo along with the Journalist team. They were, I guess, having private conversations only exclusively for themselves. They took inside Mrs. Rowena's room. Leo Vaughn, on the other hand, couldn't get how to react when he sees me.

Yet, he smiled widely when he saw me and even went with my side, facing each other's side infront of Mrs. Dael. 

"Good afternoon, Mrs. Dael! Good afternoon, everyone. Good afternoon, Marty!" Leo greeted.

"Wow, special mention ka Marty!" Reah said.

Maraming mga parte ng Journalism team; mga elementary, grade schoolers, high schoolers and senior high schoolers, official and unofficial journalists. They were shipping us together like they have known us two for a long time. I can't really say anything. As long as we exhibit limitations then that is okay. As a matter of fact, I don't know him personally. He does not know anything about me at all, hopefully. I expect that they did not trashed any information about my background. 

So, in the end, we, the research team, have made a bond with the Journalist team, then went outside Mrs. Rowena's room. Nag-iingay at pinapangunahan iyon ni Yessir, kahit hindi ko siya gaanong kilala.

"Guys, what is love?" Yessir asked us in the middle of our conversation. 

"Love is a subject. You can't just love someone because of an obsession. It's not objective, either." Oriel answered in an insightful serious tone, like he's been in too deep for an hour or two. 

"Love will never be enough. You have to find a job." Yessir added his last statement.

"Love, in its purest form, conquers all." Oriel debated his idea.

"Ikaw, Leo? Na-inlove ka na ba?" Reese suddenly asked Leo out of nowhere.

On our way to the nearest shop, tumambay muna kami sa labas upang bumili ng meryenda. Somebody decided to take all the payment. 

"Oh, hi guys! Nandyan pala kayo sa likod. Come, join us!" Yessir said in a surprising tone of voice.

They were asking Leo if he's been in love. They continued their conversation while we were walking towards the main gateway with their 'not serious' topic. We are heading into the main gateway's direction while letting us hear them. May kung ano ba sa naririnig ko? Tama ba itong tinatahak naming lugar? 

"Ang love ay nakakabaduy. Makiramdam naman kayo oh, nakikinig sila sa'tin." Jesly said while eating the banana cue stick on his right hand. 

They have talked too much. Medyo hindi ko na gusto ang tinatahak ng diskusyon sa hapon na ito. The sky is getting a lot more orange. I see it. Our way towards the narrow direction is still the same. They were gathering with him because of his religion. It seems that everyone knows. They are a group of people like Yessir, Oriel, Leo, Jesly and Reese who knew about the situation.

"You're a Buddhist, Leo. What are you guys doing?" Oriel asked somewhere else.

"We were practicing empathy. My dad donates money to the art galleries." Leo directly told Oriel in a no-nonsense tone.

"Art galleries?" Jesly cooed.

"Money bidding ba, Leo?" Yessir asked.

"Yes." he simply replied.

"Are you into Engineering, Marty?" Jesly cooed, making me put into an uncomfortable situation.

"Ano ba’ng ginagawa niyo sa loob?" "Bakit ba?" I huffed.