Chapter 15

I sincerely believe that I really cannot take this seriously due to the fact that he's a Buddhist. Dati, mga nakikilala ko lang ay mga kaklase ko at mga taga-Herbertz. Now, it's different because we are now official.

It's past evening. I got my phone from the table to check an update. I opened the editorial story he sent to me earlier.

"Only 5% are born again. According to Philosophy, Born Again is not a religion. It's a part of you as a human person. The Philippines is a partriarchal country. A Filipino is to uphold justice, integrity and honesty. Don't you think each one of us is a rare species, you do? Millions of sperm cells are produced but only one specimen makes you. According to statistics there are more men than women in the world. Anyone can cheat. It is easy to get a woman. Do you think that marriage is secured considering the Philippines is strictly not into legalizing of divorce? So just because your wife is loyal does not necessarily mean she cannot be coveted by any man. Sticking to one, you know, that's meant for you, that's the right path. There's more to a man than that. The only right way is the right path.

"With all of the dishonesty of the country, the Philippines, as part of Southeast Asia, we present to you our public servants."

When I read the whole article, I instantly went to the email to send him a message.

Marty Sanz
to LeoRts066
Greetings! Tapos ko nang basahin.
Leo Retes
to me
Okay.
Marty Sanz
to LeoRts066
I see your point.
Leo Retes
to me
What can you say?
Marty Sanz
to LeoRts066
You are trying to get a correlation between Spirituality and Born Again Christian, am I right?
Leo Retes
to me
Yes. There is no correlation between Spirituality and Born Again Christian. Accept Ho, reject Ha/Accept Ha, reject Ho.
Marty Sanz
to LeoRts066
Pero Leo, masama ang mandamay ng ibang tao. Hindi mabuti sa kapwa ang i-judge ang pagkatao nila. Sinasabi mo ba na mali sila?
Leo Retes
to me
No, I am saying that it is morally wrong to judge people by their background. It's a common mistake to judge people by their religion.
Marty Sanz
to LeoRts066
Ahh.

After our little discussion, I already collapsed in my bed.

He's not a Christian. He's a Buddhist.