Chapter 1 || Section 3

Rebirth

[Mrs. Yagami] "Light!"
We heard Light's mom yell from downstairs, making us jump coming back to reality. My whole body was trembling. We were both still in shock and unsure of what to make on what just happened.

[Mrs. Yagami] "it's already 6:30, you know! Don't you both have cram school tonight?"
I looked down at my school uniform. A hint of blush going to my cheeks. Shoot I completely forgot about cram school I guess i'm just going to have to go in my school uniform, talk about embarrassing.

[Light] "Yeah, we'll be down in just a sec." Light quickly said as he put away the Death Note into his book bag. He looked back up at me.

[Light] "You could borrow a sweater of mine if you want.." He said as he made his way towards his wardrobe. I clapped my hands together

"That would be much appreciated" I said grateful that Light noticed. A small smile on my lips. I was still shaking very badly so I decided to sit down at the end of Lights bed one hand on my chest. Trying to calm myself down.
[Light] "here you can use this" He said as he handed me a knit sweater of his.

"Thanks Light.!" I said softly as I looked up at him a small smile on my lips. I then looked back down at the sweater he gave me before pulling it over my head. I stood up fixing it up as much as I can since it was a bit big on me.
"I'll wait for you downstairs." I said softly as I grabbed my bag, pulling it over my shoulders. He gave me nod before I stepped out of his bedroom and closing the door.

——————————————————————

This time when we were walking to cram school I stayed close to Light. After what happened I felt completely uneasy. I was still slightly trembling but as much as before.

[Light] "So the notebook..."
He said hushed since there are a lot of people around. I looked at him from the corner of my eye as we continued to walk.

[Light] "It's unlikely, but if by change this thing is for real, we have to test it one more time." He continued. I nodded, understanding that what happened may have been just a coincidence.

[Light] "In which case, it should probably be another criminal. But... if he's too well-known, that will be a problem. If he dies, there's a good possibility that news of his death will be covered up." He said. We finally came to stop, in front of our cram school.

"Okay.. let's meet up here after class? We need to see results right away to know that this thing is for real." I said and then we parted ways to get to class

——————————————————————

Like planned we met up after class. It was late, the sun already completely set. We walked side by side, Light looking straight ahead while I observed the others around me. Some girls were talking about a party, a boy complaining about his mother. I sighed, leaning closer towards Light. My hand taking a hold onto his sleeve since he walks pretty fast and I can hardly keep up. He turned his head slightly to look at me his eyes slightly widened. I smiled awkwardly, he probably wasn't expecting for me to grab onto him. I cleared my throat.

"Once you actually start looking around, it makes you wonder if we'd be doing a favor to society by getting rid of all these people." I whispered softly towards him. He followed my gaze.

[Light] "Y'know..." He said softly making me turn back to look at him.
[Light] "I was thinking the exact same thing" He said, turning his gaze to look back down at me. His brown eyes suddenly meeting mine causing me to start feeling nervous. Both our eyes widened slightly not expecting the sudden eye contact. We both quickly faced away from each other. A slight blush on my cheeks. A hand going to cup my cheek, embarrassed.

All of a sudden we heard a motorcycle that was extremely loud and speeding its way to a Lady who walked a few feet in front of us. Trapping her. We stopped in our tracks my eyes in complete shock as they harassed her right in front of me.

[biker 1] "Hey baby! Where you going? Come have a little fun with us!"
[biker 2] "That's our Takuo for ya. This guy can spot a hottie a mile away."
[biker 1] "what's up, little lady? The name's Takuo Shibuimaru. What do you say? Come hang out with us, pretty lady."

All of a sudden I felt Light hand on mine and he started to drag me into the store. "What are you doing.?" I said softly confused. I then looked back at the Lady and the group of guys in front of the store. I was more concerned for her right now than anything.

[Lady] "Please, I don't want any trouble."
[biker 1] "You hear that? She doesn't want any trouble. Isn't that cute." Chuckles "Let's go boys. Strip her down right here."
[biker 2] "Are you sure?"
[Lady] "No! Stop! Please! Help me!"

Light dragged me into a book isle, where we had a perfect view on what was happening to the Lady outside. My eyes widening in worry as I looked at her. Getting out of Light grasp.
"What are you doing, let's go help her" I said in worry as I looked at Light.

[Light] "what do you think i'm doing" he said firmly. noticing how he had a magazine out with the Death Note over it. I looked out the window once more before turning back to light where he was shoving the pen onto my hand. My eyes widened looking back up at Light.

"no Light! I can't!" I said as I looked up at him my eyes starting to swell up in tears.

[Light] "yes, yes you can" He said softly encouraging me, patting me in the head softly. I looked up at him a single tear rolled down my cheek, he lowered his hand to my cheek wiping the tear away with his thumb. He gave me one last encouraging smile before placing his fingers on my chin turning my head to look out the window. I took a deep breath but that didn't really prevent my hands to tremble as I started to write in the notebook 'Takuo Shibuimaru Accidental death'. I then looked out the window once more. Light looked down at his watch and then out the window once more.

[Light] "Now, what will happen?" He said under his breath. Both our eyes never leaving the group of bikers and the Lady. Nervously I bite my bottom lip as I looked out the window.

That's when we saw the Lady escaping running to the other side of the street. My eyes widening in surprised. The biker chasing after her on his bike and then out of nowhere a truck appeared,  running the biker over. Dropping the pen as I went to cover my mouth in shock. Lights eyes widening in shook, while also letting out a gasp. We both just continued to look out the window in complete shock, my eyes starting to swell up in tears once more.

That's when we knew. The Death Note, it's for real!

 The Death Note, it's for real!