Chapter 3 || Section 1

Dealings

[Sayu] "I knew I can count on you guys!"
I smiled softly as I looked down at Sayu. I sat down on one of the edges of the desk while Light brought himself a chair and sat next to Sayu.

"Do you think you're ready to try some problems on your own"
I said softly, with an encouraging smile.
[Sayu] "Huh? Yeah. I guess so."

[doorbell rings]

The three of us turning our heads immediately looking at the door. Light letting out a 'Hm' as he looked back.
[Sayu] "Oh, sounds like Dad's home." She said excitedly as she stood up. My heart dropping immediately, I still haven't had the opportunity to met Lights dad. Light has told me he is a bit strict and i'm just nervous that he'll think i'm a bad influence or something.

[Sayu] "he's home really early today." She said excitedly as she started to leave the room to greet her Father.
[Light] "Hey, why don't you at least try the last problem by yourself?"
He said turning to look at her as she opened the door.
[Sayu] "I will, but maybe after dinner."
[Light] "Yeah, right."
He said before he stood up. Ryuk sat on the edge of the bed

[Ryuk] "Helping your sister with her homework? You sure are relaxed."
[Light] "Of course. If the police try to come after me, i'm pretty confident i've got something that'll give me the advantage."
He said before taking a few steps to go down stairs for dinner.

"Umm Light..."
I said softly as I took a hold of his sleeve. He turned to look at me suddenly remembering that I was still here. His expression softening but only by a little.

[Light] "oh right, you haven't met dad yet."
He said as I let go of his sleeve and nodded.
[Light] "don't worry too much about it, besides we're just friends. I'll just introduce you"
I smiled nervously and nodded. And then I followed him close behind as we exited the room.
[Light] "just go ahead and wait downstairs"
He said as he looked at me over his shoulder.
"Okay..."
I said softly before I turned and started to walk downstairs.

——————————————————————

I greeted Light's mom as I entered the kitchen, and decided to lend a helping hand to set up the table. A soft smile on my lips. As we finished setting up the table, I sat down and waited patiently for Light to come down. I always get somewhat anxious when he isn't around, mostly when i'm at his house. Just being alone with his family is so awkward.

Finally Light came downstairs with his father right behind him. I stood up from my seat and stood proper with my hands clasped together.
[Mr. Yagami] "ah.. you must be Y/N"
He said once he spotted me, i smiled softly and took a small step forward.
"It's nice to meet you Mr. Yagami."

[Mr. Yagami] "Light was just telling me about you"
He said with a smile, but I could tell it was force. He took my hand.
[Mr. Yagamj] "nice to meet you"
He said, and I just smiled softly, and nodded.

——————————————————————

I sat beside Light as we ate, enforcing my manners more than ever. I fidgeted with the hem of my skirt under the table. Why am so anxious, more than usual. I just kept my focus on my food.
Coming back to reality as I felt something touch my hand.

[Light POV]

Being able to tell Y/N anxiousness, it would be best if there was something distracting her instead of her just sitting with her thoughts. Something I want least is for her to break. Taking her hand gently and I stared fidgeting with her fingers in way in attempt to distract her. I looked at her from the corner of my eye and a soft smile formed on her lips. Making me form a slight smile on lips as well. My smile completely dropping as I heard dad starting to speak. My eyes still on my food infront of me.

[Dad] "So, Light, tell me. How are your studies going?
[Light] "Hm? Everything's okay, I guess."
I said as put a piece of my food in my mouth.
[Sayu] "whatever. He's at the top of his class. My big brother is a genius!"
[Mom] "that's my son! We're all proud of you, Light."

I felt a small pinch on my hand, looking down seeing that Y/N was pinching me. I rolled my eyes and shook my head slightly with a smirk on my lips. She always makes fun of me for being a 'nerd', in her words. I looked back up at my dad. His eyes were closed with his brows furrowed.

[Light] "is everything okay, Dad? You look tired."
[Dad] "Yeah. I'm not able to say too much about it, but this case i'm working on now is really tough.

 I'm not able to say too much about it, but this case i'm working on now is really tough