Chapter 2 || Section 3

Confrontation

I sat beside Light as he typed into his computer. My eyes glimmered as they looked at the screen.
"Ooooo.." i said softly. Light looked at me from the corner of his eyes and softly smiled, before he patted my head. I looked at him curiously. He cleared his throat before he spoke. His serious expression back.

[Light] "Ryuk, you should check this out."
[Ryuk] "Huh?"
I looked behind me as Ryuk leaned forward between me and Light, looking at the computer screen.
[Light] "Websites like this are popping up everywhere lately."
[Ryuk] " 'The Legend of Kira the Savior.' Huh. Sounds pretty cool. Is this about you?"

I cringed at the name, but I really adored the gothic theme they put to the website. So pretty.
[Light] "Yeah. I think they've taken the name 'Kira' from the English work 'killer.' Can't say i'm too happy about that, but... it looks like that's the name they've decided to give me. When I searched the word Kira, i'm pulling up tons of sites just like this one. The media hasn't picked up on it. They're still calling this 'a succession of unexplained deaths among the world's most hardened criminals.' But... the people of the world can already sense that there's something happening. They know there's someone out there passing righteous judgment."

A smile formed at the corner of my lips, turning my head to look at Light. He looked back at me. 'Oh?' Ryuk let out.

[Light] "Human beings are like that, Ryuk."
[Ryuk] "Huh."
[Light] "Although this would probably never happen in school, let's say that students were asked to discuss whether bad people deserve to die. Well, you can bet that everyone would give the politically correct answer."
Light explained, too be honest when Light goes on rants like this I tend to zone out. As I zoned out I turned to look at the computer and started scrolling through the website. Until the screen changed by itself, a blue screen.
"Umm... Light-"
I said softly as I went back to reality, my eyes widening slightly. Light stopped talking and looked at the computer.

[THE PROGRAM IS INTERRUPTED FOR A SPECIAL BROADCAST] the screen said

[announcer] "We'd like to apologize for the interruption. As of now we're bringing you a live world wide broadcast from Interpol's ICPO. We now take you live to the ICPO."

We leaned forward in our seats, curious. The screen changed, a guy appeared, he wore a gray suit and had slightly black messy hair. I tilted my head as I looked at the screen. 'Lind.L.Tailor'.

[Lind.L.Tailor] "I head up an International Police Task Force which includes all member nations. I am Lind L. Tailor, otherwise known as L. "

The guy looked almost scary giving me chills. I shook my head and turned to look at Lighg as he spoke.
[Light] "What? Who is this guy?"
Light said turning to look at me, his brows furrowed. I shrugged and shook my head. Both our heads turning back to look at the TV screen.

[Lind.L.Tailor] "Criminals around the world are being murdered by a serial killer. I consider this crime to be the most atrocious act of the murder in history. I will not rest until the person or persons responsible are brought to justice. Kira, I will hunt you down. I will find you."

My eyes widened as I looked at the screen, my brows furrowing. Who the fuck is this guy.
[Ryuk] "He seems certain he'll catch you."
Light calmed himself down before he spoke, his brows still furrowed but now a smirk on his lips.

[Light] "Hm. That fool. He'll never fine me. He'll have to get this first"
He stood up from his seat actually, startling me not expecting him to stand up. His eyes wide, a smirk on his lips. As he held the Death Note in one hand.
[Light] "And as long as the police don't find it, there won't be any evidence to convict me, which means that catching me will be absolutely impossible."