Chapter 3 || Section 2

Dealings

I sat besides Light, my elbows on the desk as I cupped my face. My focus on the computer screen as Light just typed away.

[Ryuk] "Well, well. Daddy's a policeman. And that must be the reason why you're so confident?"
I looked at Ryuk, I smiled softly and nodded. He was actually right for once. I reached down towards my bag to grab an apple.

[Light] "That's right. It's easy for me to hack into Dad's computer. We're on a home network, so I can copy files I need without leaving a trace. This way, I can keep track of their investigation."
He said as I threw the apple at Ryuk and he caught it happily. Looking back at the screen. Light sat back with his mug in his hand.

[Light] "Well, isn't that interesting? Looks like the police are already beginning to suspect a student."
Ryuk chuckled before he spoke
[Ryuk] "I guess that means you're in trouble.

Light took a sip as he focused on the screen in front of him. Placing down his mug before he spoke. His thumb on his chin
[Light] "if the cause of death is written within 40 seconds of writing the person's name, it will happen."

He spoke, i rolled my eyes and looked back at screen and took his mouse and started to look through all the files. Here we go.

[Light] "If the cause of death is not specified, the person will simply die of a heart attack. After writing the cause of death, details of the death should be written in the next six minutes and 40 seconds. That sound right to you, Ryuk?"
He said, as he bumped my elbow like if he were talking to me instead. Most likely he just wants me to pay attention to whatever new idea he has now. I sat back and crossed my arms across my chest as I looked up at Light, he looked down at me before he looked back at Ryuk.

[Ryuk] "So, what's your point?"
He lowered his hand before he spoke.
[Light] "In other words, if I write heart attacks as the cause of death, then I should be able to write down all the details including time of death afterward, shouldn't I?"
My brows furrowed as I looked down at the death note. As I thought of Light's idea, after a second I got what he was thinking.

[Light] "Looks like I will be able to provide you with more entertainment now."

"