Chapter 1

It's my first day at Silver Oak, I'm both excited and nervous to meet new people. I felt myself bump into someone. Of course I bump into someone on my first day!

 "Hey!" said an angry voice. 

I looked up to see a blonde boy with blue-gray eyes and black streaks in his hair.

 "I'm so sorry, it's my first day" I said with a little whimper.

"It's ok whats your name? I'll show you around" said the boy.

"Rose, what's your name?" I said excited to have a new friend. 

 "Tucker" He said making eye contact, "so what's your first class?"

 "History" I said hoping he had the same class. 

"Same, want to walk together?" Tucker said hopefully.

"Of course" I said rolling my eyes, "you're the only person I know here."

"Oh yeah, I forgot" he said with a goofy smile. 

History was boring we learned about myths the only one that interested me was about werewolves and  how they "mate" with a person or werewolf for life. 

"Well that was boring" said Tucker tiredly after the bell rang signaling History was over.

"Yea I agree" I said "but I kinda liked the myth about werewolves, I'm a bit of a werewolf nerd."

"Yea, anyways whats your next class?" said Tucker curiously.

"English, it's actually my favorite class so i'll have fun." I said excitedly

"This is gonna sound like I'm lying but I actually have English too." said Tucker in disbelief.

"At least I'll have a friend, point the way!" I said

 On the way to English I saw a really pretty girl in jeans and a light purple crop top walking in front of Tucker and I, she had dirty blonde hair with lavender streaks I immediately wanted to go talk to her.

When we got into the classroom I noticed there were tables of three people the girl sat at the end of one of the middle tables so I sat next to her and Tucker sat next to me.

"Hi, you're really pretty" I said to the girl.

"Thank you, I'm Lilac, what's your names?" she asked kindly.

"I'm Rose" I said happily, just being around her made me happy.

"I'm Tucker" said Tucker looking at Lilac, for some reason I got jealous when he looked at her. I just met them both today but would already give my life for them.

"What are your favorite colors?" I said trying to hear more of their voices.

"My favorite colors are purple and green" said Lilac happily.

"My favorite colors are green and black" said Tucker still tired.

"You can decide what to do an essay on but it has to be argumentative and in MLA format" said the teacher from the front of the room.

"Ugh it's my first day and i already have to do an essay" I complained poking my thigh with a pencil.

"I know right" said Lilac watching me, "stop stabbing your thigh with the pencil or I will take it away!"

"I hate essays" complained Tucker watching Lilac try to take the pencil, "and I'm hungry"

"Thanks to block scheduling we have lunch next" I say brightly finally letting Lilac have the pencil from my hands.

"Plus we only have 30 minutes left in this class" Lilac said as she shuddered when our hands touched.

Did she feel the sparks too? Should I ask? Is that weird?

"It's very weird but normal too" came a voice in the back of my mind.

I'm going crazy if I'm starting to hear voices and feeling sparks when i have contact with people.

I want those sparks again though. I randomly hugged Lilac to feel the sparks again.

------Lilac's POV-----

My mate just hugged me out of nowhere, I love the sparks and her ginger hair smells floral but also weirdly like fire.

---Back to Rose's pov---

"Tucker, do you believe in soulmates?" I asked randomly.

"I do believe in soulmates but also that people have to work to get said soulmates" said Tucker thoughtfully "Do you believe in soulmates?"

"I don't believe in soulmates, if soulmates were real people wouldn't go through as much pain in relationships only for them to end" I said sadly "Do you believe in soulmates Lilac?"

"I believe in soulmates, I think everyone has someone they are closer with than anyone else that they'd rather die than let go of" said Lilac knowingly.

"How are you so sure?" asked Tucker curiously.

"I just know from what I've seen" said Lilac confidently.

The bell finally rang signalling lunch

"Should we sit together?" I asked Lilac and Tucker uncertainly.

"Sure" said both Lilac and Tucker.

"Alright, I'll find us a spot I don't eat lunch" I said happy to have friends.

"But you need to eat" said Lilac worriedly.

"She's right" agreed Tucker.

"School food is always nasty though" I say disgusted.

"She's not wrong there" said Tucker nodding.