Chapter 7

Lilac's pov-

"Damn I thought Rose looked radiant but Adria is on a whole other level" said Clover through mind-link. 

"You want to meet her?" I asked Clover through link.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my mate just SHIFTED. I thought the pack doctor was lying when he said she had a wolf. Although now it does make sense why I smelled a wolf in the house when I went for my run.

"Please let me meet Adria" whined Clover. 

"Right sorry Clover" I replied.

"Adria do you want to meet Clover or will it spook Rose?" I asked through a link just to Adria.

"It won't spook Rose but no promises Clover and I won't go for a run" replied Adria. 

"I'm fine with that" I linked. 

"I'm so excited to finally go for a run with our mate" said Clover excitedly while shifting.

"You're gorgeous" linked Clover to Adria. 

"Thank you, so are you" Adria linked back with a wolfy grin.

"Aw our wolves like each other" Rose linked to me.

"You've got a lot to learn Rose." I said shaking my head in my wolf form.

"Wanna race?" Clover asked Adria.

"What's in it for me?" Asked Adria curiously.

I didn't get to hear Clover's reply, my damn wolf locked me out of the link. Why is Rose in love with Tucker if I'm her mate? Tucker isn't my mate so how does that work? I hate Tucker, if he's one of Rose's mates hearing about Gabi is going to tear her apart.

 Adria is FAST she won the race by a landslide. Clover blocked me out until we got home.

"Did Adria lock you out too" I linked to Rose.

"Yea" Rose linked back sadly.

"Do you want me to turn around when you shift back or am I good?" I asked Rose.

"Why would you need to turn around?" Asked Rose obliviously. 

"You'll be naked because when we shift our clothes tear" replied Adria.

"Oh, then turn around please" said Rose shyly. 

We shifted back and got dressed quickly, by the time I was dressed Rose was already turned around looking at me. "What?"

"Nothing" she said looking away blushing, "that was fun, can we do that again tomorrow?"

"We'll see if you're still up to it tomorrow we'll go." I said. 

"She won't be up for it and you know it" scolded Clover through our personal link, "especially if Tucker actually is her second mate."

'I know I just really don't want to hurt her" I linked back.

'Adria?' I tried linking Rose's wolf.

"Yea Lilac?" Came the response a few minutes later.

'Is Tucker one of your mates?' I asked scared for the answer.

"Yes he is, why?" Replied Adria.

'I was just wondering with how Rose acts around him' I linked deep in thought '...would Rose reject me for him if there was a point she had to choose?'

"I honestly don't know, she's been battling the fact that she likes you since she met you because she's worried about being attracted to women. Rose's mom always told her 'your soul is already fucking doomed don't add any gay shit to the mix whether just watching a gay show or not it could still corrupt your soul' so Rose isn't the most fond of the bisexual idea." Adria linked trying not to become angry at Delilah again.

'Shit she's going to reject us when Tucker finds out' I link to Clover.

"Probably" replied Clover ready to break down at the idea of losing her mate.

'Don't worry you won't have to lose her yet just spend time with her grow that bond, it's what I'm doing' I said through the link.

"You're right I should focus on the time I have with her rather than the possibility of losing her" replied Clover with a defeated sigh. 

I wonder if Rose will reject us I mean both her and Tucker are Christian so I guess they would want to follow that and I won't fit in anymore...

"Lilac" Rose's voice shaking with unshed tears broke me out of my thoughts, "I can't sleep and Adria said that through the mate bond being near you will help me sleep."

"It will come here babes" SHIT I called her babes "U-u-um I-I-I'm sorry I d-didn't mean to call you babes it just slipped out."

"It's ok I kinda liked it," Rose said shyly, climbing into my bed, "ugh we have school tomorrow."

"You could just... not go?" I said hoping she'd take me up on that offer.

"No Tucker would get worried about me, plus it'll be good to not be focused on my thoughts after the day we've had today." Rose said seriously "goodnight I love you."

"Goodnight, love you too" I said already knowing I won't be able to get any sleep. 

I realized I did end up sleeping for a few hours when the alarm clock woke me up at 5:30 AM.

I waited until 6 to wake Rose up I enjoy having her cuddled up to me. 

"Babes you've gotta get up we have school today" I said gently. 

"Noooo" whined Rose, "I wanna stay here with you."

"No you don't you're just tired" I said trying to get off the bed.

"Don't leave me please" Rose said with her eyes flying open.

"Ok I'll stay for a little but you have to get dressed first" I said.