Chapter 12

Tucker's pov

I woke up with Gabi in my bed, shit I was supposed to break up with her. 

"Gabi, we need to talk" I say shaking her. "WHAT THE HELL" there is blood everywhere. 

There's a note next to my bed it said:

 Tell Rose to meet me or you're next and it will be slow you will fucking hurt. It has to be by midnight two days from now, on February 15th. 

-D

 Where the fuck was my phone.

I searched for my phone trying not to have a panic attack, Rose is my most recent contact. I have 2 missed calls from her? Does she know? I'll look at the messages AFTER I call the police. 

"911 what's your emergency?" The dispatcher's voice said through the phone.

"My girlfriend stayed over for the first time last night but when I woke up she was dead, she's been stabbed and her throat was slit" I cried back. 

"I'll send police to your address right away" she said calmly.

"Thank you" I replied hanging up. Time to see what Rose has to say. 

*Tucker, you are an ASSHOLE.

*Sorry Tucker it's Rose, Lilac had my phone, she's the one who texted you calling you an asshole. Lilac is mad at you for what you did with Gabi.

*Are you ok??? I feel like you're in pain. TEXT ME BACK DAMN IT TUCKER

*Sorry Rose. Can I call you?

*Sure. 

I clicked the call button. "Rose?"  

"Yes, Tucker?" Rose said softly. 

"Where are you? I need you." I said about to cry. 

"I'm on my way home from Nevada, wanna meet in like 30 minutes?" Rose asked. 

"Yes please" I said sniffling. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" She asked softly. 

"I'll tell you when I see you." I said crying. 

"Ok, want to meet at a coffee shop?" Rose asked. 

"Yea" I said still sniffling. "Bye Rose"

I feel bad for doing this to Rose but people are going to get hurt if I don't, and I can guarantee it won't just be me.  

"Bye Tucker" Rose said. 

I need a shower before I see her I can't go to her covered in blood. Do I have to wait for the cops though?

Rose's pov

I'm worried, Tucker was crying. I've never heard Tucker cry. 

"Rose are you seriously going to go meet him?" Lilac asked pointedly. 

"I am," I said just as pointedly, "he was crying."

"But he never cries" Lilac said not believing me. 

"I know, that's why I need to see him." I said softly. 

"Ok where are we going?" Lilac asked. 

"I'm going to Moon-Beans with Tucker." I said 

"No, you aren't going without me." Lilac growled, her sea foam green eyes darkening to emerald showing Clover was coming out.

"I'm sorry Lilac and Clover, I have to see what Tucker needs. I can't do that with you there terrifying him." I said gently. 

"You may be right but I'm waiting in the car." Lilac said stubbornly.

"Fine you can wait in the car!" I shouted exasperated. 

Tucker's pov 

When I finally arrived at Moon-Beans Rose was already there waiting for me. I don't know if I can actually bring myself to do this. 

"Hi Tucker" Rose said brightly but obviously concerned. 

"Hey Rose" I said back politely trying to smile, "what have you been up to?"

"Cut the small talk, what's up?" Rose said sternly. 

"What make you think somethings up?" I asked trying to hide how scared I was.

"You are literally fucking trembling" Rose said kind of harshly. 

"I'm sorry" I said my voice starting to tremble with the rest of me, "The note said to tell you and I didn't know what else to do."

"Back up a little Tucker, what note?" Rose said looking concerned. 

"I was gonna break up with Gabi after we did stuff last night because I wanted to make it the best night of her life before I broke up with her but when I woke up this morning she was killed, her throat was slit and she had stab wounds all over her." I said taking a deep steadying myself before continuing, "There was a note beside her that said ' Tell Rose to meet me or you're next and it will be slow you will fucking hurt. It has to be by midnight two days from now, on February 15th.

-D'"

"Shit Diablo knows you're my mate" whispered Rose. 

"Diablo? Like Delilah's boyfriend?" I asked the pieces finally clicking, "HE'S A WEREWOLF TOO?!"

"Yes but keep it down" Rose whispered uncomfortable with the looks we were getting. 

"I'm sorry Rose I just got spooked." I said feeling bad. 

Rose's pov

My mind is going a million miles a minute, how does Diablo know Tucker is my mate, is he still watching me?

"Diablo? Like Delilah's boyfriend?" Tucker said putting the pieces together in his head, "HE'S A WEREWOLF TOO?!"

Shit I knew it wasn't the best idea to let him know about the existence of werewolves. I can't say that though because its mean. So I just whispered uncomfortable with everyone looking at us, "Yes but keep it down."

"I'm sorry Rose I just got spooked." Tucker apologized looking guilty. "Should we tell someone about what happened to Gabi?" 

"Yes, did you already call the police?" I asked worried that he'd get arrested. 

"Yes that was the first thing I did" Tucker said, making me let out a sigh of relief. "They investigated my house acting like I'm a suspect."

"Hey Tucker?" I asked after a few minutes of letting him think.

"Yes Rose?" Tucker replied warily. 

"If Diablo is involved I think it would be safer if you moved in with Lilac and me." I said trying not to push anything on him.

"Would Lilac be ok with that?" Tucker asked warily.

"Yes I mind-linked her, we will also make sure your family is safe." I said softly.

"Ok I'll move in with you and Lilac." Tucker said tiredly.

At least now I know Tucker will be safe tonight, and I'll have both my mates. "Let's go home then Tucker."

"Let's go" Tucker said holding my hand for comfort.

"Do you want to try actually being my mate, and not just have us held together by the mate bond?" I asked immediately regretting it.

"Sure" Tucker replied with a little smile. Reasonably sad with everything that happened with Gabi, "but can we focus on letting me rest for the remaining time we have today?" 

"Of course" I reply soothingly.