Chapter 5

Lilac's POV

I went to school to let Rose have some time to think, probably going to let Clover run and check up on her during lunch.

"Hey, where's Rose?" said a concerned Tucker.

"She's at home, she decided to take our advice and take a mental health day," I said, not quite ready to ask for his phone number. I'm still deciding whether I like or hate him.

"I'm glad she's okay but kinda sad I don't get to see her today," Tucker said slightly disappointed.

"She did ask me to give you her phone number," I said immediately regretting it. I always have to compete for Rose's attention at school; I don't want to compete with her attention at home too.

"Okay, cool. I'll give her my phone number tomorrow; first, I have to get permission from my parents," Tucker said.

"Okay, make sure you ask," I said suspiciously. I feel like he's just trying to stall for some reason.

"Stop looking at me like I'm hiding something," said Tucker defensively. "Okay, I am hiding something but only because if Rose knew, it would crush her."

"Okay, that's my best friend you're hiding something from, so tell me what you're hiding from her and I'll decide if it's worth her knowing," I said, trying to keep my anger in check.

"HOW DARE HE KEEP SOMETHING FROM MY MATE," roared Clover.

'I know, Clover, it's okay; we'll get revenge. But first, we've got to hear the secret,' I thought back.

"We know Rose likes me; it's obvious and I don't deny there's some connection there, but I have a girlfriend," rambles Tucker. "Her name is Gabi."

'Shit, I hate that he's right, but we can't tell Rose; that'd break her,' I tell Clover.

"He knows somethings there yet he still got a girlfriend AS IF MY MATE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH," roared Clover.

"Does he think Rose isn't good enough?" I muttered in English, with Tucker unfortunately close enough to hear.

"It's not that Rose isn't good enough; it's just that I'm in love with Gabi," Tucker said sadly. "I don't want to break either of their hearts because they are so important to me."

"At lunch, I'm going to check on Rose. If she's doing good, then after school, you're coming over and telling her about Gabi," I said seriously. "And if she isn't, then you're dropping off ice cream."

The bell for lunch rang before he could answer; I darted out the door ready to check on Rose. I walked through the path into the woods a little way away from my house before shifting into Clover. Clover was more than excited to smell her mate. I let Clover take control until we got to the house; using Clover's senses, I could smell pizza, my mate, and a wolf?

Rose was standing at the window still in her pajama shorts and a button-up t-shirt. Damn, she looked good.

Shit she saw Clover, It really doesn't help that Clover's PURPLE an has a mark like a damn character from "My Little Pony" except on her shoulder rather than her rump. 

It's time to go back to school anyways. Tucker definitely doesn't get to tell Rose today she was still in her pajamas and smelled sad.

I stopped to shift back where I left my school stuff and clothes. When I got back to school I found Tucker and told him, "Rose still seems too sad for visitors today even me, so definitely not you to tell her about Gabi." 

"Ok, I'm kinda glad I don't have to tell her about it today I still have to wrap my head around how to tell her" said Tucker a little too happily.

"Don't get me wrong I'm not going to forget you're still going to have to tell Rose about Gabi, just not while she's dealing with so much" I said deep in thought. 

"Ok Lavender" said Tucker snidely. 

'So glad we get to go home soon' I thought to Clover.

"Me too" replied Clover.