Chapter 2

"I'm home!" I yelled unsure if my mom was home or if my stepdad took her car. 

"Ok why the fuck should I care you're supposed to start doing your chores" my mom Delilah said angrily. 

"Ok I'm sorry i'll start on my chores." I said sadly. 

"Don't be sorry just get it done!" roared Delilah, "after you're done come make my bed as your punishment for that attitude."

"Why does she have to be our mom" came the voice from the back of my mind, "she's cruel"

"It's fine I'm just going to do the dishes before the step-monster gets home" i replied thinking 'at least if i'm crazy I don't have to deal with this alone.'

"You're not crazy, you're going to understand soon" said the voice.

I start on the dishes trying to calm my anger before I end up hurting someone. As soon as I start making my mom's bed the step-monster came home. 

"Get your ass out of my room before I kick your ass out of my house" said my step-monster Diablo.

"Fine, kick me out it's not like I'm useful for anything other than being your fucking Cinderella anyways" I said angrily.

Diablo took his .45 out of his waistband and shot me in the shoulder. After he decided that didn't hurt me enough he stabbed my thigh where he knew I've been self-harming for years. 

The knife went fully to the hilt into my leg. I need to leave now before I actually get killed I should go get a medical kit. 

'we can't go in there otherwise the cops will probably get called' said the voice in my head.

'I hate to admit it but you're right' i think back worried. 

While walking around I nearly run into Lilac when I'm trying to leave.

I'm starting to get light-headed but i don't want to go in because then I'll have to go to foster care. 

"Hey, are you okay?" Lilac said worried.

"Honestly, I'm not okay. My step-dad Diablo stabbed my leg and shot my shoulder, and I no longer have a place to live," I confessed, exhaustion and pain evident in my voice. I couldn't hold back the tears any longer, and they streamed down my face. "I'm worried I'll never see you and Tucker again because I can't stand losing you guys. I know I just met you, but if I lose you, I don't know if I'll still be able to live."

"I feel the same way about you, and I'm sure Tucker does too," Lilac said, her voice on the verge of breaking.

"I know, but I don't want to be alone or anyone's Cinderella anymore," I sobbed, the weight of everything crashing down on me.

"How were you anyone's Cinderella?" Lilac asked gently, trying to soothe me.

"Every time I'd do anything, it'd be wrong, and every time I did anything wrong, it was another chore. I had to do my mom Delilah's laundry, sometimes Diablo's laundry, make their bed, do the dishes—just clean everything while staying out of their sight," I explained, sniffling.

"That's messed up, and no child should have to deal with that," reasoned Lilac.

"What if it just means what I've thought all along—that I'm not worth anything to anyone and I never will be?" I sobbed, my vulnerability laid bare.

"That's not true; you're important and loved. If you want, you can come live with me and my family," Lilac offered nervously.

"Really? I'd love to do that, but wouldn't I be intruding and bothering you?" I asked anxiously.

"You could never intrude because you're one of my favorite people," Lilac said pointedly.

"Thank you, Lilac. Let's go home?" I said, ready to leave the pain and chaos behind.

We started to walk to her house and a few steps on the way I passed out.

----Lilac's Pov----

My mate just passed out because she was losing too much blood, so I took her to the pack doctor. 

I hope she wakes up soon I want her to be ok I love her more than anyone else, if she dies I will kill Diablo and make Delilah watch I'll torture her. 

"Lilac?" said the pack doctor, "I have some news about your mate" 

"That can't be good" said my wolf Clover.

"I completely agree" i thought back to Clover.

------Back to Rose---

When I woke up a few hours later i was in a place I'd never been before. 

"W-What happened, where am I?" I questioned about to have a panic attack. 

"Shh Rose relax you're at the doctors you passed out." Lilac said reassuringly.

"Was it a nightmare, or did I actually get kicked out?" I said on the verge of tears.

"I'm sorry Rose it wasn't a nightmare, and I have bad news I need to know you're ready for it." said Lilac worried.

"What happened?" I asked not sure if I wanted to know.

"Diablo killed Delilah in anger after he tried to kill you" said Lilac trying to gauge my reaction. 

"I feel bad that she died but I don't want to go to her funeral I know she passed away but I'm not ready to forgive her" I said sadly. 

"I understand, are you ready to go home?" Lilac said tiredly. 

"Yea I'm exhausted" I said ready to go to my new home.