Chapter 13

Chapter 13 - Birthday’s

Comment and vote please!

Thank for the support to those who have read and comment I’m glad you’re enjoying my story!

                                                *********************

(Parker’s POV)

Nothing hurt worse than hurting the one person that you care about more than anything.  I can’t get the image of Harley’s heartbroken look out of my head.  I’ve never seen someone look so broken and shattered.  I kind of wish that Ella hadn’t held her back and let Harley kill me and she would’ve to.  The past two days Alanta and I have done nothing but sulk around and neither of us had seen Harley since she went upstairs that day.  However today is Ella’s and Josh’s birthday and I’m sure we’ll have to see her.

“Hey guys, we’re getting ready to go paintballing for Josh’s birthday event, you coming?” Holly came up to get Alanta and me.  We nodded and made our way downstairs, everyone was standing in the foyer Josh had his arms around Harley waist a she tried hard not to make eye contact.

“Alright, let’s go, I’m driving,” Tyler called as we filed out of the house. Tyler and Ella sat up front as Josh, Harley, Kenneth, and Holly sat in the middle as Alanta and I sat in the very back. 

Kenneth and Holly are the only ones who haven’t freeze anyone out.  Tyler has frozen out Josh and Harley, while Ella has frozen out Alanta and me, and of course Josh and Harley won’t talk to Alanta and I and vice versa.  I bore a hole in the back of Josh’s head when he slung his arm around Harley shoulders and kissed her cheek and she giggles.  Beside me I saw Alanta roll her eyes and I grabbed her hand squeezing it lightly a she gave me a small smile.

“Okay we’ll do teams blue team Josh, Harley, Ella, and I, red team Parker, Alanta, Tyler, Holly.” Kenneth suggested as we all agreed grabbed our equipment and guns running off in different directions.

Half an hour passed and no one has been shot, there have been a few attempts between teams.  The terrain set up resembles a desert so there a lot of boulders and caverns to provide cover.  I was currently walking through a small cavern, when a horn sounded which means someone’s been shot.  I held my small hand held radio and listen for the update, “Blue team Kenneth down, red team Tyler down.” I heard an echoing radio which meant someone was close.  I position my gun and proceeded forward ready. I turned the corner coming face to face with Josh, both of us had gun pointed at each other, yet neither of us pulled the trigger, we just stood there staring at each other.

“So who is shooting who?” Josh asked.

“Well, go ahead shoot me; it’s your birthday, and you already taking everything away from me anyways.” I said and lower my gun spreading my arms out giving him a better shot.

Just as Josh was about to pull the trigger, two guns went off one hitting me and one hitting Josh.  We bot sat up looking to the side seeing Alanta and Harley pointing their guns towards us before swinging around pointing their guns at each other.  The horn sounded, “Blue team Josh down, red team Parker down.” Just like I had with Josh Alanta lowered her gun, giving Harley the perfect shot, yet Harley turn and ran the other way letting Alanta go.