Chapter 5

**Harley POV**

I walked up to my locker Monday morning relived to see that Parker wasn't there. "Hey there," someone said behind me.

"Hey Josh," I said spinning around facing him my heart jumping in joy.  "How have you been?"

"I been well, you?" He asked.

"Alright," I said.

"So how are you and your boyfriend?" He said through smugly.

"It going well, real well," I said remembering the kiss last night.  "How's it going with Alanta?"

"Oh, it over, but anyways I got to go to class.  See you later?" he said touching my arm lightly as I nodded.

"What he want?" I jumped as deep voice said behind me after Josh has walk around the corner.

"Damn you Parker, you scared the hell out of me." I said turning to get some books out of my locker.

"What did he want?" He repeated.

"Nothing we just talked a little," I said calmly even though my insides were screaming.

"And Alanta is fine with that?"

"It’s over with Alanta he said."

"And you believe him."

"No reason not to. Why should I not?"

"Never mind."

"Never mind what?"

"Nothing."

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong with me." Parker finished and stormed away from me.

"Parker, you jackass," I yelled after him yet he kept walking.

                                                ********************

It's been three days since Parker blew up at me in the hall.  We still act couple like when around people, however when we're not around people, we don't talk; he won't even look at me.  I'm actually a little hurt by this; I want him to talk to me, to look at me, anything.  I know something is bothering him and I want to help. Why won’t he let me help?

"Harley, you okay?' Ella asked pulling from my thoughts.

"Yeah," I said looking back at the TV. At the moment Ella and I are sitting on my bedroom floor with junk food and soda sitting around us watching chick flicks, our annual typical second  Thursday of the month sleepover night for us.  She knows something is up for I’ve been lost in my thoughts about Parker.

"Sweetie, I’m going to cook, actually cook a dinner on Friday and I was wondering maybe you should invite Parker and his family?" My mother said poking her head into my room.

"Sure mom," I said and she smiled.  "Arrr," I sigh lying back.

"What's going on between you and Parker?" Ella asked lying down next to me her head resting on my stomach.

"Nothing," I said.

"I know something is up, things have been off about you two." She said popping a chip into her mouth.

"I don't know, it's just something bothering him and he won't tell." I said.

"Well has he said anything?" She asked.

"No, “I said.

"Well I’m sure you'll work it out.  He really care for you Har, I can tell by the way he looks at you." She finished turning back to the TV.