Chapter 16

Chapter 16 – The Party!

Comment and vote please!

Thank for the support to those who have read and comment I’m glad you’re enjoying my story!

(Harley’s POV)

                                                ********************

We entered the party right as it was in full swing; Josh wrapped his arm around my waist pulling me to him.  “Stay close to me,” he ordered squeezing my side hard.

“I know,” I manage to say through the pain knowing I have a new mark in a few hours.  For the first few hours we danced and hung out when I finally saw Alanta enter the party and head back towards the back hall.  “Hey Josh, I’m going to the bathroom be right back.”  I hurried to the back hall and stood in the bathroom doorway and right as Alanta pass by I grabbed her wrist and pulled her in.

“Jeez Harley, were you trying to pull my arm out of the socket.” She screeched.

“Sorry,” I apologized.  “But we need to talk, and I can’t risk Josh seeing.”

“He hurt today after I talk to you?” she asked.  I turned and took a wash cloth wetting it wiping of some of the make-up off my arm that Josh bruised earlier today when he saw Alanta talking to me today, “ouch, sorry.”

“No, it’s alright, but I do really need to talk to you.” I repeated and sat on the floor taking out my make-up recovering my bruise.

“Okay what about?” She asked me sitting next to me.

 “Harley, you in there?” Josh voice called.

“Yeah one minute,” I called back then lean over and whispered I Alanta’s ear.  “Give me twenty minutes and meet me in the guest at the end of the back hall.”  We stood and I sent Ella a quick text “hey come over to Josh and me looking a little panicked and ask to borrow Me.” as Alanta hid in the shower and I open the door.

“What took you so long?” he question accusingly looking in the bathroom.

“I had to redo .my make-up, got to look good for my man.” I answered as we returned to the living room.

“Josh would you mind if I borrowed Harley for a little bit I need to really talk to her?” Ella asked Josh looking slightly panicked.

“Sure go ahead.” Josh said kissing my cheek and Ella and I headed down the back hall.

“Oh my god, thanks girl.” I told her hugging her.

“Okay, well you have to tell me why,” She demanded as we entered the room.  “Oh, Alanta.”

“Cool it Ella, I asked her to meet me here now sit and I’ll explain.” I ordered as we all sat on the bed.  “Ella I sent that text because I needed to talk to Alanta and Josh wouldn’t allow it.  If he thinks I’m with you he won’t come looking for me, and I am with you so I’m not lying.”

“I don’t know if I should allow it,” She scoffed.

“I said cool it,” I scolded her.

“Okay what this about?” Alanta asked.

“Well, I was kind or snooping around Josh’s room today when he was in the shower and I found something.  I found a red folder and inside was a list of things about me and my family, plus a few journal entries.  If earthier got out it could hurt me and my family to the extent where it could be used as blackmail.  Then there was the whole earlier talk how you said ‘you know what Josh is like’ and you and I both know I do. Then at the beach house you told me that Parker loved me and that he says and does things without thinking when scared or upset and Cassie told me the same and not to confuse his actions with his emotions.  So I wonder if you and Parker knew anything about this, and if that’s why you two betrayed me.” I explained.

“I can’t,” Alanta stuttered.

“Alanta,” I whined as she looked at me.

“Okay, Josh wanted you back for this bet he has; there was two parts to it.  The first part was to steal you from Parker.  Yet he knew you had fallen for Parker and the only way you go back to him was if Parker broke you heart and he’d be there to comfort you.  He succeeded by blackmailing Parker and I, saying to break your heart or that stuff would get out. That Parker would be blamed, and people would believe it because of the fifth grade incident.  When in reality that wasn’t Parker’s fault either. Parker couldn’t let or bare that happing to you, so we devised a plan.  He knew that the only thing that could truly break your heart was to cheat or at least to make you think he was cheating on you which worked.  Even though it hurt him and me to hurt you, we knew in a way he did it to protect you and your family.  But now Parker found out the second part of the bet.  Josh gets paid four hundred dollars for sleeping with you tonight.” She told me tears rolling down her face.

“Don’t take this the wrong way but you kept saying ‘we’ as in you and Parker, but what do you have anything to do with this?” I questioned.

“Remember numbers four and six in the list, and remember what I told you about my father.” She said slowly.

I thought for a few second when it dawned on me, “You’re my half-sister.”

“Hey sis,” she started crying harder.  I began to tear up as well as I lean over and hugged her, as Ella sat there stunned.  “I think I should give Parker a call.”

*******************

So she found her sister Alanta, what’s going to happen next!

Sorry it’s a little short been I have Final coming up, I promise next one will be longer, comment and let me know what you thinking.

Thank of those who have been reading and leaving comments I love hearing from you, it men the world to me.  Keep them coming!

Any comment or question for the characters!

Hope your enjoying my story!