estrellas~chapter 2

I ran up to my room and found my bags already up there. Everything is just how I left it. My mint green wallpaper that Susanah had picked out for me, my comforter looking brand new even though it was probably older than me. Polaroids from last summer of Jeremiah and me. My all-time favorite was in the back of my phone case. It was from the last day of summer.

"Stop messing around and take a photo with me!" I scolded Jeremiah.

"Why? Again? We've already taken like 1000!" He answered back.

I wrapped my arms around him from behind and took the photo.

The flash went off, "Ahh," he said, "That's the worst part." He started to blink crazily.

"You're so stupid," I laughed at him.

I was folding my clothes into my drawers when I was met with a very desperate Jeremiah. He plops himself on my bed and I just smirk at him.

"Let's swim before dinner Laur-Laur?" he says pouting. I look at him clearly showing him that I am putting my clothes away, "please," he pleads with desperation. I stare into his deep blue ocean eyes and I just can't say no to a fragile Jeremiah. I reluctantly nod and he screams, "Yes! Meet me down stares in five!" he runs out the door and I find myself a simple white bikini to wear.

~

Jeremiah and I start walking down to the beach, "Hey, did you know my Dad was coming down for the Fourth?"

"Cool," he says. "Don't you think it's weird?" I look at him, and he shakes his head, "Not really. I love your dad." I defend myself and say, "Yeah, but they've only been divorced for, like, a year and a half."

"Well, that's what's so cool about your mom, you know? She just doesn't give a shit."

"I guess," I say right as we make it to the beach.

"You know what," I say, he looks at me and just says, "Hm?" I turn and stare at him, "Will you teach me to surf this summer?" He looks at me confused, "I mean, I already know how to, but I just want to get better, you know? Something fun we could do." He takes a moment and thinks.

"You know what Lauren, I really like that idea, sure, I will teach you to surf." He does a little spin.

That sentence triggers a wide smile across my face, "Really? Thank you Jere bear!" I jump into his arms and give him a tight hug.

"Jeez, I didn't know it would make you that happy, you know I would do anything for you."

"I know," I reply and boop his nose.

We make it to the water and I just stare and smile at the beautiful ocean.

"I've waited all year for this," I say.

"Want to race?" he asks.

"No, no, I can't, you..." I throw my towel on the ground and book it for the water.

"Oh, shit!" He chases right after me but I beat him. As soon as we make it to the water he pushes me into the waves. We start tackling one another, non-stop laughing.

This is why Jeremiah Fisher will always have my heart.

Once the water is nearly freezing, we wrap our towels around ourselves and just sit, staring at the ocean.

"What's the one thing you want to happen this summer?" He asks.

You.

"Hm, I don't know, try not to get injured?" I say and laugh.

"No, but for real, if one thing could magically happen, what would it be?" He asks again

I sit quietly for a moment, figuring out what excuse I should say.

"Think about it and tell me later," he messes up my hair and I can't help but blush.

"Want to go to the first bonfire of the year tonight?" He asked me.

"If you don't want to go, I'll stay back with you."

"Aw, you want to spend time with me, Jere-bear?" I tease.

"Sure, we can go to the bonfire," I say and roll my eyes.

~

"Steven, I swear to God, if you look at that phone one more time, I'm putting it in the screen basket." my Mother said.

"It's just, we want to see your beautiful faces. Can dinner be a screen-free zone? You know, like the olden days." Susanah says with a glimpse of hope.

"Steven." Jeremiah says and snatches his phone and tosses it in the basket, "Boom! Nailed it!" Then Jere starts to flex.

"Dude, are you kidding me?" Steven says all shocked. "Okay, okay, okay, we get it, you've been working out."

"Oh, you're just jealous because Jere has a better body than you," I say.

Jeremiah smiles at me and I feel myself start to blush... until Steven kicks me from under the table. "Ow!" I say and glare at him.

"Uh, no, actually, it's all about the lean look now. Otherwise, you can't wear tailored suits." Steven says, everyone laughs. I glare but I catch Jere smirking at me.

"When are you leaving for training camp, man?" I ask Conrad.

It goes silent. I didn't realize it was such a difficult question. "Uh, he quit football," Jeremiah says. Everyone looks at Connie. I'm a little worried, he seemed so unexcited to be here and now he quit football? I know I spend a lot of time with Jeremiah, but still; Connie and I are close, at least I thought we were.

"Wait, you quit?" I said to him, He nodded his head yes.

"Are you kidding me, man? I'd-I'd kill to play college ball." Steven exclaims.

"He can always change his mind." Susannah defends.

"I'm not gonna change my mind. I was just gonna sit on the bench all season anyways." Conrad snaps.

"What are you going to do all summer then?" I ask while looking down at my food.

He shrugs his shoulders.

"Oh, dude, you can work at the club. Yeah, with Jere and I." Steven says.

"You guys are working all summer?" I ask confused. There goes my plans for spending every moment I could with him.

"Yeah, I'm lifeguarding and Steven's working at the snack shop," Jere says eagerly.

"Oh," I say and I look down at my hands and fiddle with my rings again. I see Jere looking at my hands and notice both my rings. Both are dedicated to him.

Susanah sensed I was bummed so she interrupted and said, "Oh, Belly, Lauren, I almost forgot. I have a surprise for you." She went to grab something and handed us both white envelopes with our names on them.

"What is this?" I say while holding up the envelope.

"I wrangled Belly and Lauren invitations to be a debutante!" Susanah exclaims all giddily.

I stared in shock. I respond with, "Is that the whole white dress and curtsy thing?"

"It's when a girl comes of age and is presented to society. I-I know it sounds silly, but I swear it's fun. Girls come from all over New England to Cousins just to be a part of it. You'll make so many new friends."

My mother responds by saying, "I cannot believe you are still holding on to this archaic dream."

"I'll think about it," I smile at Susanah. I would do anything to make her happy, even if it meant I had to curtsy.

"I'll think about it too," Belly says.

~

After we clean up dinner I head upstairs to start getting ready for some Bonfire Jere was telling me about. I'm digging through my drawers to find something to wear. I settled on a creme t-shirt with a red hibiscus flower in the middle. To pair with it I wear a pair of jorts and my black high-top Converse.

I curl my eyelashes and put my hair into two braids. 

estrellas~jeremiah x oc (TSITP FANFIC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें