estrellas~chapter 34

A week passes by, Conrad is still a ghost, and I still haven't talked to Belly.

Being the older one, I decided to try and call her.

It rang, I had some hope but then I heard the words no one wants to hear, Voicemail.

I sigh and rub my head, "I'm sorry Belly, I hate fighting with you, I'm just worried about you," I manage to say.

I felt tension off of my shoulders.

I stay silent, I don't know what to say after that.

"Um, call me back?" I say more as a question.

I click off of the voicemail and I feel anger rise within me.

"Fuck!" I yell as I throw my phone on the ground.

I didn't notice but Rory had just opened the door to our room.

"Um, everything okay Laur?" She says.

"No!" I snapped, I didn't mean to take my frustrations out on her, it just happened, "I'm sorry, I'm just fighting with my sister."

She throws herself on my bed and hugs me. I just stay stiff.

"It'll be fine, families fight all the time," She says.

"This time feels different," I say as I face her, "Everything finally felt correct but now everything is wrong. What should I do?"

"Right now, focus on yourself," Rory begins, "Take a break from taking care of everyone, you should focus on school and your happiness, stop worrying."

"How?" I ask.

"Let's dress up and go somewhere tonight, it's a Friday!" She exclaims.

"I don't know... I thought maybe I was going to watch a movie or something..."

"A movie?" She yells, "Oh hell nah! We are partying! Let me go on Insta' and see if there are any Frat parties tonight, which I mean there definitely are..."

I stopped listening as she continued to ramble while searching for a party.

"Eek!" She screamed, I looked at her with my tired eyes, "I found the best one!"

"Who?" I ask.

"Omega Psi Phi! They throw the best parties, it's Aloha tonight, do you have a Hawaiin shirt?"

"I think so..." I respond, I don't actually own one, I just wanted to make Rory excited.

"Yay! Go get ready girl!"

I search through my dresser to look for a non-existent Hawaiin shirt, and just by my luck I don't find it.

"Dang, I must have forgotten it at home, uh, what do I wear now?"

Rory rolls her eyes, "Something like Summer!"

Summer, the last thing I wanted to think about was summer.

"Summer? It's cold outside," I say back.

"Whatever, you can be cold for one night! Stop procrastinating and get ready!"

I grab the first shirt I see in my drawer and it's my old creme t-shirt with a red hibiscus flower in the middle.

It makes me smile thinking of the first bonfire from two summers ago. The night where I drunkenly told Jeremiah I loved him. God, even now I can't handle my liquor.

I decided to complete my old iconic look by putting my hair into two braids and curling my eyelashes. I put some glitter eyeshadow on my eyelids and added a little highlighter to my face.