estrellas~chapter 47 (FINALE)

My eyes rose awake and the first sight I saw was Jeremiah's eyelashes. He was still asleep and he looked so peaceful, with every breath he took it made me calmer. Today was the day that a piece of paper would signify our love for one another.

His eyes fluttered open and I scooted my face closer to his, so I could press my lips against his.

"Morning angel," He says.

"Hi," I reply.

"Today is the day," He says chimberly.

I make a smile across my face, "Today's the day," I replied.

We both leaned in for a quick peck, but we were interrupted by Belly bursting into his room.

"Oh my god!" She covers her face quickly, this makes us laugh due to both of us being fully clothed in pajamas.

"Belly don't be silly," I say.

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" She yells, "Get out of bed we have to get ready!"

She drags me to my room, which now has turned into a full glam area.

My mother was steaming my dress and I felt everything was going according to plan and swell.

I sat on my bed and Belly plopped next to me.

She took a long smell, "Did you brush your teeth?" She asks me.

I cover my mouth immediately and run out of there to brush them. While I'm in there I put lotion on and deodorant etc.

I walked back into my room and I didn't know how much more damage Belly could do, she practically converted my room into a dressing room studio.

She beamed, "Ready Mrs.Fisher?"

I rolled my eyes, "Yes Miss Belly."

She clapped her hands, "Okay, come sit here and let me do your makeup!"

Belly and my Mother lightly pressed brushes against my face. Occasionally I would look in the mirror and I was scared of myself.

They applied light eyeshadow and with every dab of powder, I was closer to becoming a Fisher. With every pat of blush and every eyebrow hair plucked, I was closer to becoming a Fisher. With every swash of a mascara wand or every spray of setting spray, I was closer to becoming a Fisher.

In a way, I almost wanted them to hurry up so I could go kiss Jeremih's face off. I'm allowed to be dramatic today, after all, it is OUR day.

With one last spray Belly says, "Done!" And hands me the mirror.

I look at myself and I feel... pretty. I smile at them and my Mother starts to tear up, "You look gorgeous Lauren."

I start to tear up as well, "Thank you, guys."

Belly screams, "No crying! No ruining my masterpiece!"

I laugh and my mother gently presses a tissue against my eye so I don't ruin my makeup and upset Belly.

My Mother goes and fetches something from a bag that's on my dresser, it's a small white box with a blue bow on top. I look up at her confused, "What is this?"

My mother takes a deep breath and pulls out a letter, also from the bag, "Open the letter first."

I listen to my mother and do so. I look down at the envelope and I recognize the handwriting immediately, the front says, For Lauren's Big Day.

I open it up and find a light blue letter, it says,

Dear Lauren,

Right now I am picturing you today, on your wedding day, looking radiant and lovely, the prettiest bride there ever was. I picture you marrying a man who is solid and steady and strong, a man with kind eyes. I am sure your young man is completely wonderful, even if he doesn't have the last name Fisher! Ha.

You know that I could not love you more if you were my daughter. My Lauren, my special girl. Watching you grow up was one of the great joys of my life.

I hope you've found him, darling. A boy who would kiss you the way Sam kissed Suzy.

Be happy. Be good to each other.

All of my love always, Susannah

My eyes seem to tear up before I even finish reading, Belly and my mother come to my side and rescue me from my own self-destruction.

"Beck really loved you kids, I wish you could be here," My mother says as she's trying not to cry.

"She is, she's here everywhere," Belly finished, I nodded my head in agreement.

We hear a small knock on the door and all turn our heads drastically, my Father opens it up, "It's time."

I quickly hop into my dress and shoes; Belly and my mother help make sure there are no wrinkles at all.

They hold my hands as we walk down the stairs and I hear laughter from the backyard.

I take a few deep breaths and Belly gives me a long hug, she whispers in my ear, "I love you so much, Lauren."

"I love you too," I answer back.

Music begins to play and Steven and Taylor walk out together, then Belly and Conrad, and now me.

My Mother and Father are on both sides of me as we begin to walk out from the kitchen's back door.

We make it to the pool and I begin to see rows of people. All standing facing my way, it was weird having so much attention on myself. I was nervous, to say the least, but then I saw him.

He was in his white button-up shirt and khakis; He looked amazing. I saw his face turn emotional when he saw me in my Deb-Ball dress, I saw tears in his eyes. I also saw Belly, Conrad, and Steven start to tear up.

My parents and I continue to walk until we reach Conrad holding some papers.

My father and mother gave both of my hands to Jeremiah and I turned to look him in his eyes. All I wanted to do was kiss him right then and there.

We hold hands and it's hard to pay attention to Conrad as he speaks.

I can't seem to leave Jeremiah's eyes, we stand hand in hand together, reciting our promises.

"I, Jeremiah Fisher, take you Lauren Conklin to have and to hold to be my lawfully wedded wife, my best friend, my faithful partner, my love from this day forward. In the presence of our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in everything, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, to listen to Lana Del Rey with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

"Lauren," Conrad says.

"Since we were born we knew. From our Mothers telling us stories about destiny to learning about infinite love with each other. But it was your kindness, your attentiveness, your sincerity, and your ability to keep saving me from disaster time and time again, that made me fall in love with you. Although that is a poor way of saying it. Because there are no words that encompass the way I feel about you. I give you my body, heart, and soul. I, Lauren Eva Conklin, take you Jeremiah Adam Fisher to be my beloved husband, to have and to hold you, to honor you, to treasure you, to be at your side in sorrow and joy, in good times, and in the bad, and to love and cherish you always. I promise you this, from my heart, for all of the days of our lives."

By the end of my vows, tears were falling freely down my cheeks.

"Do you, Jeremiah Adam Fisher, accept Lauren Eva Conklin to be your beloved wife?"

"I do," Jeremiah says.

"Do you, Lauren Eva Conklin, accept Jeremiah Adam Fisher as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do."

"Well then folks, you may now kiss the bride," Conrad says cheerfully.

If you had asked me ten years ago that Jeremiah Fisher was going to be my husband, I would have laughed in your face. I would have also thought that getting married that young was stupid, but why waste time? We had always known that we would be together. When we were together, time slowed down in our favor.

He didn't give me flowers or candy. He gave me the Estrellas, forever and always. 

El Fin.