estrellas~chapter 42

Jere and I decided to tell everyone at dinner that night. That way we could try and clear the air and officially plan the wedding.

I was helping my mother cook in the kitchen when Belly walked in. She faced our mom and asked, "What are you cooking, Mom?"

"We're making Spaghetti, Beck was always the cook not me," She says while giggling. It's nice to see that she can say her name without completely choking up.

Jere and Steven walked in soon after. Jere walked over and planted a kiss on my cheek, "What smells good, you or the food?" He asks, I roll my eyes at his 'romantic' gesture.

I hear Steven pretend to gag and my mother just smiles away.

"I swear, there better be no hanky-panky in his house, otherwise I will barf," Steven says to us.

Now I pretend to gag, "First off, don't ever say hanky panky, second, I know that if it were Taylor there would be plenty of..." I'm trying to think of any other words besides Hanky Panky but Jere beats me to it. He lifts his eyebrows and lets out a little laugh, "Hanky Panky?" He says while dying of laughter.

I roll my eyes and nod my head.

"When will dinner be ready?" Jere asks, I can tell he's nervous by the way his Adam's Apple is bobbing up and down.

"Probably, twenty minutes?" My mom asks, questioning herself.

I let out a deep breath and try to focus on stirring the sauce but I feel my arms begin to shake.

Then, Jeremiah notices and puts his hands over mine, "Go wash up, I can take care of it," He says.

He is such a gentleman. I'm happy that I can call this human mine, my Jeremiah.

I walked over to the nearest bathroom and splashed cold water on my face, I didn't care if I ruined my makeup as I was probably going to get emotional at dinner.

I took one long look in the mirror as I prepared myself for this moment, when I go out there this will change everything. I look down at my hands and play with my engagement ring, I move the gold floral band onto the correct finger. It's time.

I walked into the dining room, Conrad and Belly were setting the table. I notice that Conrad looks down at my hand and sees my ring, he gives me a slight nod. I think Belly caught the end of the gesture so she pulls him over to talk. I watch as he brushes her off and she gives me a nasty look.

"Who's ready for dinner?" My mom announces as she places the food at the center of the dining table.

The boys start to dig in but I feel nauseous. My leg won't stop bobbing up and down and I barely touch my food.

Jeremiah places his hand on my thigh and I feel butterflies rise in my stomach. After all these years he still has this effect on me.

He clears his throat- which catches everyone's attention.

"Lauren and I have something to announce," He begins.

Steven has a more serious face, and my mother looks nonchalant.

"Um," I try to say but a voice crack occurs, Belly laughs at my failure. I feel like I'm about to burst out crying, I'm so nervous.

Jeremiah continues to talk but I'm not focused, at least until he grabs my left hand and reveals my ring. I feel the tension rise in the air from Steven.

"What?" Steven yells at him.

"Suprise," I say quietly, still looking down.

The rest of the room remains quiet, the only one acting normally is Connie since he already knew.

I feel Belly's eyes dart at me, "You're seriously getting married?"

"Finally," I say while laughing, "You're now talking to me?"

"You two are so stupid," She says while storming off out of the room, Conrad follows her.

My mother hasn't said a thing.

"Mom?" I ask.

She looks at me with concern, "Are you pregnant?"

Jeremiah bursts out laughing and I respond, "God no! Why does everyone think that?"

Now my mother joins in on the laughter, "Congrats," She says bluntly. I wasn't expecting a big reaction from her due to her personality but it was nice not having her furious at me. She got up to go clean her plate.

The only person I had to worry about now was Steven. He looks at me with agony.

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" He asked with pain in his eyes, "I'm your twin, Lauren, you're supposed to tell me this type of shit!"

"I'm sorry, Steven," I say quietly.

"We wanted to tell everyone together," Jere adds.

Steven then glares at Jere, "Why didn't you ask, ask for my approval? She's my twin goddamit and you're my best friend, why didn't you think of asking me my opinion?" He yelled.

"Steven!" I scolded, "I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner but this isn't about you!"

Steven looks down, considering my words carefully before saying anything.

Steven looks down and contemplates again, "As long as you're not pregnant," He paused, "I guess I approve," He chucked, "You better take good fucking care of her Jeremiah Fisher." With that, Steven walked out and it was just Jeremiah and I remaining.

"That went well," He says to me.

I force a smile, "Yeah, now just the Dads."

He picked up my left hand and kissed it, "I love you so much, Lauren Eva Conklin."

"I love you too, Jeremiah Adam Fisher," We leaned into a kiss and I heard Steven gag from the kitchen.

We both yell, "Shut up!" And then continue to giggle.

Jeremiah starts to talk, "Random but do you want to go to the first bonfire of the year? I know it may be silly now but I..."

I cut him off, "Sure Jere, it'll be fun."

We run upstairs to get ready and I decide on a gray tank top, jean shorts, and my checkered vans. I throw my hair up into a ponytail to finish the look.

I hear Jere knock on my door, "Damn," he says while reaching over to spin me, "You look good baby," He starts to kiss my neck.

"Shhh," I say to him, "No hanky panky," He rolls his eyes and we head downstairs toward his car.

Everyone else was staying in so it was just us.

It feels like forever ago when we went to the first bonfire two summers ago, Jere and I have both grown up so much together and I can't wait to continue.