estrellas~chapter 37

Winter break felt like forever. Day by day I only focused on my text messages with Jere.

Steven and I were close to finishing Shameless and my mother ended up really liking it.

I still haven't truly spoken to Belly. It was almost like we were just roommates who never spoke. My mother tried to get us to talk but it never worked, Belly would always leave before the conversation could really start.

I was sitting on the couch eating a big bowl of ice cream, it was eleven am. Yes, I ate dessert for breakfast, go cry about it.

I was scrolling through Netflix trying to find anything to watch when the doorbell rang.

A/N FOR REAL, DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD SHOW RECOMMENDATIONS??

I sprung up to go answer it, I thought maybe it was Taylor for Steven or Belly but no,

I saw a Red Jeep in my driveway, was he here? Was he at my house?

When I opened the door, I hate to say it but I was disappointed, Conrad was standing in front of me.

I think he could tell from my disappointment by my expression.

"Hey Laur..." He said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"Conrad," I say, "What are you doing here?"

All of a sudden I am pushed back by force, I gather my thoughts when I see Belly around Conrad, ah, context clues.

I turn around, hop back on the couch, and resume devouring my bowl of ice cream from before.

"What are you watching?" Conrad asked me as he entered the house. I saw that Belly was annoyed he was admitting my presence.

"I'm trying to watch anything," I say back, "There's nothing good."

Now Belly looks fuming, she wants alone time with him, which I understand. I don't know the last time they saw each other.

"Have you seen Cobra Kai?" He asked me.

"Ain't no way you asked me that, I love Karate Kid," At this point, he sat down next to me. I started feeling bad, I was taking time away from Belly but it just felt nice to talk to Conrad again, without Jeremiah chirping in.

We continued our tangent until Belly coughed, and we both looked at her.

"You better get going," I said.

His eyes had hurt in them but he did as instructed and went upstairs with Belly.

I texted Jere.

Messages with Jerebear

Did you know Conrad was coming?

Jerebear

Wdym??

Conrad is at my house.

Jerebear

Are you fucking serious? He asked to borrow my car to go to a friends for the night... fuck I would have come with him 🙁

I wish you had.

Jerebear

Me too 🤍

I threw my phone to the side and groaned. My mother had come from upstairs.

"Did Jeremiah not come with him?" She asked me.

"He didn't know Connie was coming, otherwise he would have," I answered. She looks stumped.

"Lauren, it's eleven am, ice cream for breakfast?" She scolds.