estrellas~chapter 6

Tonight is going to be super fucking boring. My mother just released a new book so we are having a party at a local bookstore called Whale of a Tale.

It may be boring but I have some hopes up for some Jere and me time.

I ride shotgun in Jeremiah's Red Jeep and I steal the AUX cord from him.

He looks at me, and all I say is, "You have horrible taste in music."

He acts hurt but then gives me one of his trademark smiles.

I play Painkiller by Ruel and we both are screaming the lyrics.

"Cause you're my painkiller, when my brain gets bitter, you keep me close. When I've been miserable..." We scream at each other while driving with the Windows down.

I can't seem to wipe my smile off my face. I could live like this forever if I could.

We eventually arrived at the bookstore. I sit on a couch and pull my phone out. I'm trying to pick a lock screen.

Jeremiah looks over my shoulder, "You should pick the one of me from today."

"I already have a Polaroid of us in the back of my phone case," I say.

To follow his plea he gives me puppy dog eyes.

I roll my eyes and choose it as my lock screen. "Happy?" I say while giggling.

"Very," he hops onto the couch with me, and I put my legs up on his lap.

"Now, let me pick yours," I say.

He tosses me his phone and I chose one from the other day.

We were watching a movie in my bed and I stole his phone and took a picture.

"This good?" I ask.

"Perfect," I think I see the corners of his mouth turn up and it causes me to blush.

I grab his hand and play with his ring, "I love that you wear yours."

"Of course I wear it, it's my favorite thing that I own." He grabs my hand and holds onto it tightly

"Want to go surf?" I ask him.

"Hell yes!"

"Let me just go ask my mom," While I ask my Mom, I see Conrad in the corner of my eye chugging a Champagne bottle. Champagne, seriously? I roll my eyes and drive back with Jeremiah.

On our way back I played Finesse by Bruno Mars. Once again we are both religiously screaming the lyrics. "Now slow it down for me baby, 'cause I love the way it feels when we grind."

Whenever I'm with him I can't not smile.

~

After we catch a few waves we are once again just chilling on our boards talking.

"What do you think of Gigi?" I ask Jere.

"Gigi? I didn't know you even knew her."

"I met her today," I responded, "She has a massive crush on you."

"Really! I had no idea," he acts all dramatic.

"Well, I don't know, do you think she's hot,"

"Nah, at least not like that," I look at him confused, "If she was nicer and less desperate maybe. Besides, I have my eyes on someone else," he looks down and I try to read his face.

"Who?" I ask.

"I can't tell you," he tries to hide his face.

I stay quiet and paddle back to the beach. He follows me soon after.

~

I'm lying on my bed trying to sleep when I hear a knock on my door. There he is.

"I can't sleep," Jere says, "Me neither," I answer.

He jumps onto my bed and wraps his hands around me. We are facing each other.

"Why do you do this to me?" I ask.

"Do what?"

"This," I gesture towards us both.

"Laur..."

"I'm confused, Jeremiah." I interrupt, "You tell me you like someone, and then do this, you cuddle with me."

His expression on his face changes, "Well I'm done being played with." I say boldly.

I got up from my bed and left to sleep on the couch. He doesn't follow me behind.