estrellas~chapter 39

(A/N FLASHBACK IN ITALICS)

I wish someone had told me how hard wedding planning was, especially when nobody knew about it...

Jeremiah had proposed to me on my birthday over winter break. Every detail he put into the proposal made me so honored I could call him mine.

He knelt and asked me, "Will you do me the honor and marry me?"

Frozen in shock, I said back, astonished, "J-Jeremiah Adam Fisher, are you asking me to marry you?"

"Lauren Eva Conlklin, please make me the happiest boy in the world and be mine forever?"

I gushed and ran over to him, throwing myself onto him. I knocked him to the ground and gave him thousands of kisses on the sand. By now it had started to snow on us.

"Yes, a thousand times I will marry you!" I shriek back as we lay on the ground entangled with one another.

I throw him a big smile as his blue eyes look at me with amazement, "This is the best birthday present ever."

Jere pulled the ring out of the box, a slim gold band with floral designs covering it. He slid the ring on my finger and kissed my hand, "Mrs.Fisher," He said to me.

I felt my heart pound. I always knew I was going to become a Fisher one day, but I didn't know how soon it was going to happen.

Back to reality, I was driving Jere's Jeep to my dorm from his building. The Second Semester Exams ended and it was May. Finch was hot and I couldn't wait to go to Cousins.

This summer, our Cousins' Gang decided that we would all run off to Cousins immediately once school ended. So, he was finishing packing up and I had to throw everything into his car.

Rory already left and I missed her dearly. She was the only one who knew about the proposal. She had become my school best friend. Jere will always be first- then Conrad and Rory were a close second.

I don't know how I survived the Second semester of my freshman year. The stress of not telling anyone about the proposal nearly hit me every day. I just wanted to call my Mom or Steven and share the big news, but, Jere and I agreed that we should wait until everyone is together to share. Thus, that's why only Rory knew.

Finishing packing was rather peaceful, having my last freshmen moments alone in my dorm. I played music and I was jamming, maybe taking a little too long since I had gotten a text from Jere.

Messages with Jerebear

Are you done yet?

Sorry! I got distracted and started to have too much fun🙈🙈

I'm heading back to your Hall now

Okay, I'll be on the curb.

As I drive back to his hall I reminisce on all my memories here at Finch. The time I got so drunk Jere had to hold my hair back in front of all his friends, the time Rory walked in on us doing it, the time he and I snuck into the pool after hours, all memories that I will never forget.

I pull into the lot and see him standing on the curb, holding his last suitcase. I drive up next to him and lower the windows, and I say, "Need a lift hot stuff?"

He walks to the driver's side and kisses me through the open window. I hop out and throw him the keys.

"You're driving princess," I say to him.

He throws his last bag in the back and we have a full car ready for Cousins.

We hop into the car and start to drive. I checked the time and it's five pm. Cousins is only an hour or so away so it will be a quick drive.

I scroll through my playlist and find road trip jams. When I click Shuffle Sexyback by Justin Timberlake starts to play.

We both start to dance and sing in our seats.

I link our hands together and he plays with my engagement ring. I pull my hand away and he begins to pout his lips.

I giggle, "I have to take it off," I begin. He starts to pout even more, "It's so they don't see it, stop being sad," I say while hitting him gently on the shoulder.

"I wish my Mom were here," he begins, "She always wanted to see our wedding day."

I move my ring to another finger and then link our hands back together as quickly as possible.

"I do too, but at least we'll all be together for the announcement," I say in response.

I was nervous. How was everyone going to react? Conrad and I are on good terms. Belly and I, however, have both still ignored each other. Steven and my mother were probably going to go for Jere's throat.

I grab my stomach to try and end the nervous aching, "Wait," I say, "Do you think they'll think I'm knocked up?" I ask anxiously.

Jeremiah bursts out laughing, "That would be awesome if they thought that babe," He says.

I hit him on the shoulder again, "Not awesome, Steven and my Mom would kill you."

He shrugs, "I wouldn't mind having a baby with you," He says.

I feel my face flash red and I look away trying to cover it.

"I see that blush," He says, trying to tease me.

"You wish," I answer back while still hiding my face.

We're at a red light and he leans over and embraces my face, leaving a kiss on my lips.

In response, I say, "I think you just impregnated me."

We both burst out laughing and continued to listen to more music after our banter.

I wait excitedly in my seat as I see the Cousins sign, this trip is so different from the others. Last summer, we weren't even supposed to come, this summer I'm coming back engaged!

No matter what though, the universe will always lead us back to this one place, the one place we can forever call our home. No matter the people inside we will always be family, no matter what.