estrellas~chapter 29

I opened my eyes confused about where I was. Then I remembered that I spent the night in a motel with the love of my life.

I turn over in the bed and see Jeremiah sound asleep. He looked so cute. This time, I kissed his lips to wake him up.

"Good Morning Laur," He said to me.

I leaned in and kissed him again, "I could get used to this," I said. It may have been cheesy but that was the truth.

"Ready for Finch?" He asked me.

"No," I say reluctantly with a smile.

We packed up and left the mote.

A few miles later and there it was, Finch College. The place where I will be spending the next four years of my life. And right by my side there he was, Jeremiah Fisher, the only man I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I let out a deep breath as he parked his car. I started to fiddle with my rings.

"Nervous?" He asked me while reaching for my hand.

"A little..." I answered back.

He gave me a quick peck, "Let's go get you all moved in."

As we moved my things from the car, I felt like I was overly underpacked. All I brought was one suitcase full of clothes, my toiletries, a laundry basket of books, a McLovin ID Tapestry, and a photo frame of the Cousin's Crew. I saw girls carrying carts full of stuff. Almost as if they could furnish an entire IKEA Store.

Jere and I reached my floor, it only took a single trip from the car due to my underpacking.

I put my key in the lock and something opened it.

"Hi!" A girl yelled. She had red hair and green eyes, "I'm Rory, you're Lauren correct?"

"Uh, yeah," I answered back, she had a lot of energy.

"Is this your brother?" She asked me.

"Oh, no, this is Jeremiah, my boyfriend."

"Hi," he said bluntly, but still polite.

"Do you need help moving in?" She offered, "It took me ages."

"We already got everything," I said, "Thank you though."

"Yeah, of course, we're going to be besties, anyway, I'm going to go get some coffee, want anything?" She asked us.

"Oh, no thank you," I said. With that, she was off. We stepped into my dorm and it seemed fine. Two beds, two desks, the typical setup.

I gave Jeremiah a worried look.

"Stop worrying love, it will be okay. She seems nice."

I nod and set my stuff down on the floor.

Cheers to my new life.

"Well," Jere starts, "I should go get moved in."

I fiddle with my rings more, I need to be less clingy towards him and more independent, but I... I don't want him to go.

"Yeah..." I say back.

He knew something was wrong, I'm not the best actor when it comes to emotions, "What's wrong Laur?" He asks while walking over to me.

"I'm nervous," I admit to him.

He kissed my head, "Don't be," He said, "You got this," Then he gave me a wink.

He heads toward the door and I remain on my bed. I know I should stay and unpack but I'm too nervous to even speak to my new roommate. She seems nice enough, I'm just freaking out.