estrellas~chapter 44

Telling our dads that we're getting married over Facetime was much better than planned. They both were supportive as long as they weren't paying for the full wedding. My father had offered to buy me my dress but I declined since I had my deb-ball dress. So, he just offered to chip in however he could. Mr.Fisher said he would pay for the groomsmen's stuff and that was it, so, at least we didn't have to worry about that.

I don't know if I have ever seen Belly so passionate about something before. She's almost more excited to plan my wedding than I am. Almost, more excited.

Belly and I were sitting at the kitchen island drinking coffee. We were waiting for Jeremiah to finish cooking.

"So, do you want floral centerpieces or coral centerpieces?" She asked me one morning.

"What's the difference?" he asked.

"What's the difference?" Belly yelled mockingly, "There is such a big difference!"

I laughed, "I think floral would add a fun touch, maybe hydrangeas?"

I saw Belly melt, "Yes! They would look amazing!" She pulled out a notebook and started to take notes.

"Belly has gone psycho bride," Jere said jokingly while placing his scrambled eggs on a plate.

Belly cleared her throat after stuffing her face with food, "Okay, now what color do you want my dress to be?" She asked.

"Ugh... blue?" I said, she looked at me with dead in her face, "...um to match the blue hydrangeas."

I saw her become more pleased with herself, "Good answer," She said, "For food?"

"We can cook like fourth of July, hamburgers and hotdogs," Jere offered, "That way we can save some money."

I nodded in agreement, "Are you sure?" Belly asked.

"Yeah, it would be fun, besides, Jeremiah is a great cook."

Belly nods her head, "Okay, okay that works." She then looks at Jere, "For you and your men, what are you wearing?"

"I was thinking maybe," He takes a look at me, "Maybe a chill look, like white button shirts and khaki shorts."

I smiled, "I love that, such beach vibes!''

Belly looked scared, "Okay, that works," She wrote in her planner. Belly squealed out of nowhere, "You two are so cute I'm so happy!" She said while clapping her hands at us, "Wait," She started again, "When are you getting married?"

Jeremiah and I looked scared, we hadn't even picked out a date.

"Um, maybe the weekend of the fourth?" I say, "Since everyone will be here."

"That's only a few weeks away!" Belly yelled. She took a deep breath and said, "Actually, if we push through that can work. Who all is coming?"

Jere by now had sat on a barstool as well.

"I would like to invite Kyle," Jere said.

"I want to invite Rory, but honestly let's just keep it small,'' I say.

Belly nods writing some more stuff down.

"We can invite Taylor of course, Skye, Cam Cameron, your Aunt Julia, any other family..." I trail off.

"It will be fun," Jere says.

"Ooo, we can ask Cam to DJ!'' I yell.

Jere nods excitedly in agreement, "Yes! That would be awesome."

"Okay, well folks, it looks like we have a wedding," Belly says while jumping up, "I'm going to go pick up the invitations from town, free your afternoon since it's time to invite!"

~

All afternoon Jere and I filled out wedding invitations, we made it fun by listening to the wedding playlist we started to make for Cam. We had to make sure it was perfect and just right for our ceremony.

"What do you want our song to be?" He asks.

"I don't know, what's a song we both love?" I say while looking into his eyes. It turns into a staring contest and I win, he sticks his tongue out at me and I lean in and kiss him.

"We have time, we'll find it love," I say.

He flashes me a big grin, "I can't wait to marry you, Lauren."

I lean in and kiss him again.

"Could it be Lana Del Rey?" I ask softly.

"Anything, but isn't Lana sad?"

I perk up, "How dare you! She's my icon, maybe I'll marry her instead."

"Sorry, sorry," He says while leaning to kiss me again.

"When we get married you better not interfere with Lana and I," I say while laughing.

"I promise, I promise," He says while kissing me again.

"Who do you want as your groomsmen men?"

"Connie and Steven," He said with a smile.

"When are you going dress shopping with Belly?" He asked me.

"I already have my dress," I say, "Sussanah would love it," I say softer. I saw a small smile appear on his lips, "It's true," I defended, "She helped me pick it out."

He looked even more confused.

"It will make sense," I assure him.

"Okay, okay, I trust you," He says back, "Are we done yet?" He complains.

"Yeah, that was our last one."

We plaster stamps on each invitation and put them in the mailbox, ready to be sent out.

As we walk back inside the house he picks me up and throws me over his shoulders.

"You know what I realized?" He says.

I start to kick and try and get out of his grasp, "Jeremiah! Put me down!"

"We haven't gone swimming all summer!"

He begins to run outside to the backyard with me still thrown on his shoulder and he throws us into the pool, still with our clothes on.

I scream from the water rushing all over my body.

We both make it back up to the surface and I splash his face.

"You're so dead!" I yell at him.

We play around a little, still swimming with our clothes on like how we have before.

Both of us start to relax and float on our backs, staring as the sky turns orange.

"I can't wait to live like this forever," He begins, "Every summer, with you by my side, as my girl," He corrected himself, "My wife."

The way he says the words makes my heart jump.

"All of us coming back every fourth, our kids running around and causing havoc," He continues. He grabs my hand, "I love you, Lauren."

"I love you, Jeremiah."