12

"Now, Light." L looked over. "it's been a long day." Light nods in agreement. Glancing at the window. Watching that it is raining again.

"Yeah, it has been. We are the only ones investigating this now. It must be tough." Light stated.

"Not really in my case, but yours I can understand that. Most of the time I solve cases strictly on my own. So this is no different. Except I have a friend by my side to help me with the investigation." L says softly.

Light quickly looked over. "You're saying.. I'm your friend?" He asks. L felt a rush of heat flare to his cheeks. "Why uh, yes of course. In fact, you're the first friend I've ever actually have."

"Yeah! Of course we are friends. In fact I think we can solve this case together. We got this." Light responded with a smile on his face. A bit of pink dusted on his cheeks.

'good. I have gained L's trust. Now I have his name. His trust. This is perfect. Nobody else is working on the task force. It's just me. And L.'

Light is staring at L's blackened eyes. Zoning out into them. L spoke up. "Light? Are you okay. I think you should rest. You have been so zoned out as such a dissociating trance today."

"I guess you're right. Today has been really tough on me." Light replied as he gets up from his chair.

Before Light can walk off. L stopped him. He placed his hand onto Light's shoulder.

"I advise you don't go home tonight. This is much too dangerous for you. In fact, the second Kira could be planning on killing you next." L says with caution as he looked worriedly at Light.

Light felt himself holding back laughter. But kept his face serious and calm.
'L, you're such a fucking dumbass. You really do know that. Misa Amane is the second Kira. She won't ever hurt me. She adores me. In fact, her shinigami is dead. There is no more second Kira. It is just me. I am Kira. I am the only Kira alive. And there is nobody else that could stop me. I win, you will die.'

"I suppose your right, Ryuzaki. It is much dangerous here. I don't want to get himself hurt. You really care about me, don't you?" Light questioned.

Observing how L is stacking the purple, green, and pink macaroons in a stack.

"Of course I care about you, Light. It just would be a shame if you are Kira. Hm." L responded.