18

"Light, let's close up early today. Do you want to go to the coffee shop down the street? It is near your house." L offered.

Light pinched his eyebrows together. "Oh uh.. sure." He says, sounding a bit amused by this. "Excellent. I was craving a slice of cake." L gets up and walks over to a table across the room.

"But first," he picks up the handcuffs. "we must cuff each other, once again." L looks over at Light with his blackened 'panda' eyes.

A soft scoff left Lights lips. "Are you serious, Ryuzaki?" "Yes– Light. I told you before, in public I am still suspicious of you. You are not leaving my side."

Light walked over. "Okay, sure." He held his hand out. L stared into Light's eyes as he cuffs Lights wrist. Then, L cuffed his own.

"Perfect. We are cuffed together now. Ready for that slice of cake?" Light smiled a little towards L.

"Hm.. yes, I'm ready to go. Let's leave." L turned around and started to walk. The chain jingles quietly as Light and L walk together.

They exit the HQ and made sure it is locked up. Then, once they reached towards the outside. L paused his footsteps. Light had stopped himself.

He turned around. Looking towards L. Since L is just staring at him.

'The hell? Why is he just looking at me, like..that? It's kind of cute. His eyes.... What the fuck.  Okay.  No. No. There is absolutely no way this could be happening. My heart is beating. I feel fuzzy inside. What the fuck is this madness? Am I just enjoying myself because I'm excited to kill him off? Or.. something more..... Fuck, stop staring at me! Say something you idiot!'

L tilted his head. Keeping his eyes locked onto Light. "Whatever." Light grumbled as he tugged L with him. "C'mon, stop staring! let's start walking. You wanted us to stay overnight at my place, right?"

As L is following Light, he smiled timidly. "yes, Light. I think sharing your bed might be much more comfortable rather than the little bed from last night in HQ."

'Light Yagami, you have no idea why I want to stay the night at your place. You're clueless. It's excellent. I can investigate your bedroom when you fall into slumber. It's a peice of cake.. talking about cake, I need a slice.' L thinks as he walks with Light.

"Anyway, do you still want to go to the coffee shop?" Light offered. L nods. "Yes. Still craving that slice of cake. Then we can go over to your place. Say, you moved out of your parents house, correct?"

"Yes, I uh, did. Since my father's passing I just... Felt like I couldn't stay there. It was traumatic." Light responded.

"I understand, Light. I'm deeply sorry for your loss." L replied.