35

L widened his eyes at the realization. Grabbing at his heart as his face suddenly became all flustered. Tears rolling down his face in shock.

"I am... In love with.." he whispered, looking over towards the sleeping form of Light Yagami.

"Kira."

L's mouth gotten dry. He licks his lips. As he shakes his head. Trying to focus on finding the evidence that he needed to expose Light as Kira.

He went over to Lights desk. Picking up Light's college study binder. The little paper fell out.

Eyes widening in realization, he sees Misa Amane's name. Written in blood on the paper. As L picked up the paper.  He shuddered and dropped it.

He saw something. In the corner of his eye. He wasn't sure what that was. But it's terrifying. His mind began to gear up again. He picked up the paper again. In bravery he turned around.

Seeing Ryuk. The shinigami, standing in the corner as it cackles and tilts his head. Ryuk gave a ominous wave towards the investigator.

L clamped his mouth shut. He didn't want to scream. He didn't want to wake up Light. Beads of sweat formed onto L's forehead. Staring at the shinigami in disbelief and surprise.

"They.. do exist?" L croaked out. Staring at Ryuk with shocked eyes. Ryuk grinned. "Yes, we do. That paper belongs to Light's notebook." He replied.

"Notebook..?" L muttered as he watched Ryuk lift it's hand. Pointing to the drawer before disappearing.

L felt his lungs tightening with anxiety and panic. 'So this is how Kira kills! A notebook? That doesn't make any sense. but, seeing a shimigami doesn't either. But they exist. They are real. They are gods of death. So that means... Light was connected with the God of death, the shinigami.'

L slowly turned around. But froze. Seeing Light sitting up in his bed. An angry expression resting on his face. His fists are balled up. His breathing is getting tempered. All that anger Light had, is starting to break free.

As if a knife was cutting an apple into a ton of dices, His heart – is breaking as well.

"Now you look like yourself, but your somebody else but isn't on the surface." L admitted as he stared at Light heartbrokenly.

"RYUZAKI!" Light screamed as he began to thrash. But the cuff on his wrist won't come off. He is chained to the bedframe. He began to scream louder out of rage.

"THAT PAPER! THAT IS NOTHING! I JUST WAS WRITING HER NAME! THAT MEANS NOTHING AT ALL!" Light panicked as tears began to flood in his eyes.

L remained heartbroken and unnervingly calm. "A notebook? Light, what is this about?"

"NOTHING! THERES NOTHING I SWEAR!" Light screams.

"Light, as soon as I touched this paper with Misa's name on it. I saw it. I saw the shinigami. It is real. The gods of death. They love apples. That message. It was written by you. The killings? You. Murdering Raye Penber? You. The disappearance of Penbers fiance? You. You even placed the shovel into your own father and murdered him. Then lastly, you killed Misa Amane. So I suppose I was the last one you were going to destroy the life of."

L says, monotoned and broken.

Light began to go mad. Tears pooling out of his eyes as he is screaming out his defenses.

"NO! THAT IS ALL A LIE! YOU DIDNT SEE SHIT! NOTHING! YOURE FUCKING WITH ME! YOU CAN'T WIN! YOU MUST DIE!" Light cried as he thrashed more.

"GET THIS FUCKING CUFF OFF MY WRIST YOU FUCK-WAD! PRICK!" Light continued to thrash and scream profanities and heartbreak.

L watched Light squirm and panic as the truth is being revealed. L walked over to the drawer.

Slowly he opened it. Seeing the little make-shift trap that Light has made as he carefully opened it. So he doesn't get himself hurt or something.

As the drawer cover is removed. He tossed the average diary away. Light began to thrash and scream more.

"DAMNIT! NO! NO! FUCK, NO! THERES NOTHING THERE! L, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE ME! IM NOT KIRA! IM NOT A MASS MURDERER! I'M A GOOD PERSON!"

L slowly lifted the oh-so familiar black notebook. Staring at it as he tilted his head.

"Death Note?" L says.

Silencing Light all together.