30

There was a heavy silence. Just Light is looking out the window. While L is sharing directly at Light.

'I know you are Kira - Light Yagami. It all makes sense. Perfectly. At the very beginning, hundreds of criminals were dying day by day. Then it slimmed out. It started slowing down. As soon as you joined the task force. Next, Raye Penber –  you met him on the bus.'

' The criminal was highjacking. Then... The criminal died approximately after Light was talking with Penber. '

'The criminal.. hm, got hit by a car. That is no accident. Next, Raye Penber died. On the subway train. From a heart attack. Staring at... You.'

' Followed by that, the killings began once again. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Followed afterwards with this, the weekends. '

'Then, the death of Soichiro Yagami. And lastly.. Misa Amane. They are ALL connected to Light Yagami. I'm next? Possibly. I have to have him confess. Or snoop around... Before he kills me.'

Light looked over. "You okay, Ryuzaki? You have been staring at me for some time now. And it's starting to freak me out." He laughed a little.

"Oh, uh.  Yes I'm alright. Sorry. I think I could be tired. It is late after all. We have been investigating all day. Almost all night as well. Almost a complete circle of 24 hours. It is late. Isn't it? Time?" L asks.

Light looked over. "Holy shit! It's so late. It's 3:45. We definitely need some rest if we want to continue to investigate by tomorrow."

"Yes indeed." L agreed.